How can I deduce equations for my university studies in physics?

• Thread starter cosmon
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation is about someone looking for help with deducing equations for a math course. They mention the law of snell and how their professor is moving too quickly through the material. They also mention wanting to learn how to deduce and understand the equations better. A few people offer to help, with one person being from Mexico and able to translate if needed.
cosmon
Hello everybody...

First of all I would like to know if anyone is spanish-speaking or lives in Mexico.

Second of all, I wanted to know if anyone knows about deducing equations I really need them, for my university.

Any page or book would be greatly appreciated.

On-line teaching or self-learning could be good too.

Mathematics news on Phys.org
Soy de nueva york, pero hablo español. No sé lo que estás preguntando...cuál ecuaciones quieres deducir? La cuestión no me es claro..

...deducción...

Hola, que bueno que contestaste !

El problema está que recientemente entré a un curso de matemáticas, pero el profesor, avanza demasiado rápido y cualquier ecuación que vemos, ( sea la ley de snell, n1sen#1 = n2 sen#2 ) el profesor la empieza a deducir, y empieza a escribir otras ecuaciones, que junto con otras ecuaciones se cancelan y poco a poco va demostrando que solo quedan las n´s y los senos, y you se forma la ley de snell !

Espero que entiendas !

Eso es mas o menos lo que necesito aprender, a deducir, saber de donde vienen, etc...

Entiendo lo que me dijiste...pero no puedo ayudarte. Sólo estoy en secundario así que no sé bastante sobre la tema que estás estudiando. Estoy estudiando Calculus I. Recomiendo que preguntes a tu profesor cómo la dedujo. Eso es todo que puedo decir, lo siento.

either that, or ask us in english. let me make one point clear: if you want to do mathematics in todays world, you must read write and speak and understand english. it is the universal language of science.

probably anyone here but me can explain snells law.

El problema está que recientemente entré a un curso de matemáticas, pero el profesor, avanza demasiado rápido y cualquier ecuación que vemos, ( sea la ley de snell, n1sen#1 = n2 sen#2 ) el profesor la empieza a deducir, y empieza a escribir otras ecuaciones, que junto con otras ecuaciones se cancelan y poco a poco va demostrando que solo quedan las n´s y los senos, y you se forma la ley de snell !

Eso es mas o menos lo que necesito aprender, a deducir, saber de donde vienen, etc...

Here is a translation for everyone:

The problem is that recently I entered a course of mathematics, but the profesor advances too quickly and any equation that we see (it is the law of snell n1sin1=n2sin2) the profesor begins to deduce it, and begins to write other equations, that together with other equations cancel each other and little by little he is demonstrating that only the n's and sines remain, and now the law of snell is formed.

That is more of less what I need to learn, to deduce, to know where they came from, etc...

If someone could help him with the math I can translate anything he doesn't understand english wise...

Yo soy de México.

Hola, yo estudio fisica en la UNAM, entro mas o menos seguido aqui. No soy un genio pero si quieres preguntar algo aqui, yo tratare de ayudarte.

Related to How can I deduce equations for my university studies in physics?

1. What is the purpose of deducing equations in science?

Deducing equations is important in science because it allows us to make predictions and understand the relationships between different variables. By using deductive reasoning, we can derive new equations from existing ones and expand our understanding of a particular phenomenon.

2. Can you provide an example of deducing an equation?

One example of deducing an equation is using the ideal gas law to derive the relationship between pressure, volume, and temperature of a gas. By manipulating the equation PV = nRT, we can deduce that pressure and volume are inversely proportional to each other when temperature and moles are held constant.

3. How do you know if an equation has been correctly deduced?

An equation is considered correctly deduced if it is logically consistent and follows the rules of mathematical operations. It should also make sense in the context of the phenomenon being studied. Additionally, it should be supported by experimental evidence and be able to make accurate predictions.

4. What is the difference between inductive and deductive reasoning?

Inductive reasoning involves making generalizations based on specific observations. It starts with specific examples and uses them to form a general conclusion. On the other hand, deductive reasoning starts with a general principle or theory and uses it to make specific predictions or conclusions.

5. How can deducing equations help in problem-solving?

Deducing equations can help in problem-solving by providing a framework for approaching a problem. By breaking down a complex phenomenon into smaller, more manageable equations, we can identify the key variables and relationships involved, making it easier to find a solution. Additionally, deducing equations can also help us check the validity of our solutions and identify any errors in our reasoning.