How can I create a graph with multiple y-axes in Excel?

• Thread starter mikekyrou
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Axis Excel
In summary, to add multiple Y axes in Excel, click on the chart, go to "Layout" tab, and select "Axes." To customize the scale of each Y axis, right-click and select "Format Axis." To change the labels, right-click and select "Format Axis," then edit the labels in the menu. Excel only allows for a maximum of two Y axes, but you can create multiple axes with primary and secondary axes. You can also switch the position of the Y axes by right-clicking, selecting "Format Axis," and choosing the desired position under "Tick Marks."
mikekyrou
I have some data and i want to plot them on excel. I am trying to plot them but i am drilling a hole in the water. I will appreciate if anyone can help me with this. I want 3y axes and 1x.Thank you.

Last edited:
Mathematics news on Phys.org
Do people have to join rapidshare to view your rapidshare file?

no, it is the table who i want to plot the graph but i uploaded it on rapidshare. In the rapidshare is the excel file.

Last edited:

Related to How can I create a graph with multiple y-axes in Excel?

1. How do I add multiple Y axes in Excel?

To add multiple Y axes in Excel, first click on the chart you want to add the additional axis to. Then, go to the "Layout" tab and click on "Axes". From the drop-down menu, select "Secondary Vertical Axis" and the new axis will appear on the right side of your chart.

2. Can I customize the scale of each Y axis?

Yes, you can customize the scale of each Y axis separately. Right-click on the axis you want to change and select "Format Axis". In the menu that appears, you can adjust the minimum and maximum values, as well as the interval and other options to customize the scale.

3. How can I change the labels on each Y axis?

To change the labels on each Y axis, right-click on the axis and select "Format Axis". In the menu that appears, you can edit the axis labels and choose the source for the labels, such as the data series or custom text.

4. Is it possible to add more than two Y axes in Excel?

No, Excel only allows for a maximum of two Y axes. However, you can still create multiple axes by using a combination of primary and secondary axes for different data series.

5. Can I switch the position of the Y axes in my chart?

Yes, you can switch the position of the Y axes in your chart. Right-click on the axis you want to move and select "Format Axis". In the menu that appears, go to the "Axis Options" tab and under "Tick Marks", choose the desired position for the axis.