How Can I Control Light Brightness Automatically?

In summary, The conversation discussed how to control light brightness automatically. One solution mentioned was using a light sensor to adjust the light based on ambient light level, possibly through PWM with an LDR. Another solution was also suggested.
pejai
Assalamualaikum... << Islamic translation by Moderators: "Peace be unto you" >>
hello everyone...
i just want to know how to control the light brightness for automatically...
what i know...in manual we can use a dimmer to control the light brightness..(correct me if i wrong)...
if anyone can help me to solve this problem?..

Last edited by a moderator:
Engineering news on Phys.org
pejai said:
Assalamualaikum... << Islamic translation by Moderators: "Peace be unto you" >>
hello everyone...
i just want to know how to control the light brightness for automatically...
what i know...in manual we can use a dimmer to control the light brightness..(correct me if i wrong)...
if anyone can help me to solve this problem?..

Welcome to the PF.

What do you want to use to automatically control the brightness? You can use a light sensor to sense the ambient light level, and adjust your light based on that, for example...

berkeman said:
Welcome to the PF.

What do you want to use to automatically control the brightness? You can use a light sensor to sense the ambient light level, and adjust your light based on that, for example...

its like seem to use PWM with LDR right?
or there have another solution that might be use...?

pejai said:
its like seem to use PWM with LDR right?
or there have another solution that might be use...?

Yes, exactly. That would be a typical solution.

berkeman said:
Yes, exactly. That would be a typical solution.

thanks for the infomation...
nice...=)

Related to How Can I Control Light Brightness Automatically?

1. How does light brightness control work?

Light brightness control works by varying the amount of electricity flowing to a light source. This is typically done through a dimmer switch or a control system that adjusts the voltage or current going to the light. By decreasing or increasing the amount of electricity, the brightness of the light can be adjusted.

2. What is the purpose of light brightness control?

The purpose of light brightness control is to allow for the adjustment of light levels in a space. This can be used for energy conservation, creating different moods or ambiance, or for specific tasks or activities that require different levels of lighting.

3. Does light brightness control affect the lifespan of a light bulb?

Yes, light brightness control can affect the lifespan of a light bulb. When a light is dimmed, it uses less electricity and therefore can prolong the life of the bulb. However, if the light is constantly being switched between different brightness levels, it can cause stress on the filament and decrease the lifespan of the bulb.

4. Are there different types of light brightness control?

Yes, there are different types of light brightness control. Some common methods include dimmer switches, control systems, and manual adjustment of the light source itself (e.g. turning a lamp shade to change the angle of the light). There are also different technologies used for light brightness control, such as incandescent, LED, and fluorescent lights.

5. Can light brightness control be used for outdoor lighting?

Yes, light brightness control can be used for outdoor lighting. There are various methods and technologies that can be used for outdoor light brightness control, such as motion sensors, timers, and control systems. This can help with energy conservation and provide added security by adjusting the brightness of outdoor lights based on need.