How can I adjust paragraph indentation and spacing in LaTeX?

• LaTeX
  • Thread starter Dragonfall
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Latex
In summary, LaTeX Paragraph Indenting is a feature that allows for automatic indentation of paragraphs in LaTeX, making documents more visually appealing and easier to read. To indent a paragraph, use the "\indent" command, and the default indentation is usually 1.5 times the font size. It is possible to indent only the first line of a paragraph using the "\hangindent" command, or remove indentation from a specific paragraph using the "\noindent" command.
Dragonfall
How do I make it so that

(1)There is no indentation at the beginning of paragraphs
(2)2 lines seprate every paragraph

in Latex?

Physics news on Phys.org
\setlength{\parindent}{0pt}
\setlength{\parskip}{2ex}

Sweet, thanks a million.

Related to How can I adjust paragraph indentation and spacing in LaTeX?

What is LaTeX Paragraph Indenting?

LaTeX Paragraph Indenting is a feature in LaTeX, a typesetting system used for creating professional and high-quality documents. It allows for the automatic indentation of paragraphs, making the document more visually appealing and easier to read.

How do I indent a paragraph in LaTeX?

To indent a paragraph in LaTeX, use the "\indent" command before the paragraph you want to indent. This will add a standard indentation to the paragraph. You can also use the "\parindent" command to change the indentation size.

What is the default indentation in LaTeX?

The default indentation in LaTeX is usually set to 1.5 times the font size. However, this can be changed by using the "\parindent" command and specifying the desired indentation size.

Can I indent only the first line of a paragraph in LaTeX?

Yes, you can indent only the first line of a paragraph in LaTeX by using the "\hangindent" command followed by the desired indentation size. This will indent only the first line of the paragraph, leaving the rest of the paragraph unindented.

Is it possible to remove the indentation from a specific paragraph in LaTeX?

Yes, you can remove indentation from a specific paragraph in LaTeX by using the "\noindent" command before the paragraph you want to remove indentation from. This will override any previous indentation settings for that paragraph.