How can I accurately calculate ambient temperature using sensor data?

• Thread starter marcopolon2
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Temperature
In summary, the conversation is about calculating the ambient temperature from measurements of tire temperatures. The person is seeking guidance on how to calculate it and mentions that it will be affected by factors such as speed, tire inflation pressure, and road temperature. The other person suggests adding another sensor or relying on local weather data as alternatives.
marcopolon2
Hi,

I have two sensors measuring tyres temperatures for some time (so I receive two arrays of values). I want to calculate ambient temperature (one value per side/sensor). Could you, please, give me guidelines how to calculate it? Any help would be very appreciated.

Thanks in advance :-)

Engineering news on Phys.org
marcopolon2 said:
calculate ambient temperature
Of the road? Of the air? What?

Hi, sorry for not being precise. I mean air temperature.

Calculating outside air temperature from measurements of tire temperature? Going to be a function of speed, tire inflation pressure, road temperature, and probably a couple other things. Anything in particular keeping you from just adding another sensor and measuring it directly?

Or relying on local weather data?

Related to How can I accurately calculate ambient temperature using sensor data?

1. What is ambient temperature?

Ambient temperature, also known as room temperature, is the temperature of the surrounding environment. It is typically measured in degrees Celsius or Fahrenheit.

2. How do you calculate ambient temperature?

Ambient temperature can be calculated by using a thermometer to measure the temperature of the air in the room. It can also be calculated by using a formula that takes into account variables such as humidity and altitude.

3. What is the ideal ambient temperature for human comfort?

The ideal ambient temperature for human comfort can vary depending on factors such as personal preference, clothing, and activity level. However, a general range of 20-22 degrees Celsius (68-72 degrees Fahrenheit) is considered comfortable for most people.

4. How does ambient temperature affect the human body?

Ambient temperature can affect the human body in various ways. Extreme temperatures can cause discomfort, heat stroke, or hypothermia. In more moderate temperatures, our bodies work to maintain a stable internal temperature through processes such as sweating and shivering.

5. Can ambient temperature impact the accuracy of scientific experiments?

Yes, ambient temperature can have a significant impact on the accuracy of scientific experiments. Changes in temperature can affect the behavior of materials and chemicals, as well as the performance of equipment. It is important to control and monitor ambient temperature in experiments to ensure reliable results.