How Accurate Are These Trigonometry Compound Angle Calculations?

In summary, Trigonometry is a branch of mathematics that deals with the relationships and calculations between angles and sides of triangles. It is important because it has numerous applications in fields such as physics, engineering, navigation, and astronomy. The basic trigonometric functions are sine, cosine, and tangent, which represent the ratios of the lengths of the sides of a right triangle. Other related functions include cosecant, secant, and cotangent. Trigonometry is used in real life to solve problems involving angles and distances, and is also used in fields such as architecture, surveying, and construction. The unit circle is a circle with a radius of 1 centered at the origin in a coordinate system, and is used in trigonometry
will.i.am2
Verify the compound angle formulae for;

a) sin (20° + 30°)

sin(A + B) = sinAcosB + cosAsinB

sin(20°+30°) = (sin20°)(cos30°) + (cos20°)(sin30°)

0.76 = (0.34 x 0.87) + (0.94 x 0.5)

0.76 = 0.29+0.47

0.76 = 0.76

b) cos (30° + 40°)

cos(A + B) = cosAcosB - sinAsinB

cos(30°+40°) = (cos30°)(cos40°) - (sin30°)(sin40°)

0.34 = 0.87 x 0.77 - 0.5 x 0.64

0.34 = 0.67 - 0.32

0.34 = 0.35

Can someone please verify these answer for me? as I am not good in maths so I just wanted make sure if i had done it right or do I need any changes?

Physics news on Phys.org
If the LHS = RHS, it's verified.

It's only the matter of the integration of the decimal

Related to How Accurate Are These Trigonometry Compound Angle Calculations?

What is Trigonometry?

Trigonometry is a branch of mathematics that deals with the relationships and calculations between angles and sides of triangles.

Why is Trigonometry important?

Trigonometry is important because it has numerous applications in fields such as physics, engineering, navigation, and astronomy. It is also a fundamental concept in calculus and other advanced mathematics.

What are the basic trigonometric functions?

The basic trigonometric functions are sine, cosine, and tangent, which represent the ratios of the lengths of the sides of a right triangle. Other related functions include cosecant, secant, and cotangent.

How is Trigonometry used in real life?

Trigonometry is used in real life to solve problems involving angles and distances, such as finding the height of a building or the distance between two points. It is also used in fields such as architecture, surveying, and construction.

What is the unit circle in Trigonometry?

The unit circle is a circle with a radius of 1 centered at the origin in a coordinate system. It is used in trigonometry to visualize and calculate the values of trigonometric functions for any angle.