Hosting free engineering classes

In summary, the speaker is interested in hosting a "club" where a group of people can watch engineering lectures and work on assignments together. They express concerns about organizing and motivating others to participate. They also mention a previous experience where they struggled with leading a team. They invite others in the CT area to join them in auditing numerical methods courses. The speaker prefers smaller groups and believes organizing large groups, especially online, is difficult.
HuskyNamedNala
Coursers has some wonderful engineering classes for free. I was thinking about getting a group of people together and hosting a "class" where we watch the lectures do work and help each other if need be.I'm not really sure how to even organize a "club" like this. I know I am disciplined and motivated enough to put the time in, but (yeah this sounds rotten an arrogant but its true), most people in general aren't capable of self study either due to a lack of discipline, effort required or interest. Let's just say I had a prior experience where I was in charge of a team where most people wanted the results but not to actually go and get them.

Anyway, if you're in the ct area and are interested in auditing numerical methods courses with me send me a PM.

Physics news on Phys.org
What about people in your area. The smaller the better. Organizing large groups is very difficult. Organizing large groups online is impossible :)

Related to Hosting free engineering classes

What is the purpose of hosting free engineering classes?

The purpose of hosting free engineering classes is to provide access to engineering education and knowledge to individuals who may not have the resources or opportunity to attend traditional engineering courses. It also aims to promote interest in the field of engineering and encourage diversity in the engineering community.

Who can attend these free engineering classes?

Anyone who is interested in learning about engineering is welcome to attend these free classes. There are no age or educational requirements, and the classes are open to both beginners and those with previous engineering knowledge.

What topics are covered in these free engineering classes?

The topics covered in these classes may vary, but they typically include fundamental principles of engineering such as mathematics, physics, and design. They may also cover specific areas of engineering, such as electrical, mechanical, or civil engineering.

Do these free engineering classes provide any certifications or credits?

No, these free engineering classes do not provide any certifications or credits. They are meant to provide knowledge and education, but they do not offer official recognition or accreditation.

How can I register for these free engineering classes?

Registration for these free engineering classes may vary depending on the organization or institution hosting them. Some may require online registration, while others may allow walk-ins. It is best to check the event or organization's website for registration information.