What ingredients make up the recipe for dreams?

• Thread starter Loren Booda
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Dreams
In summary, the recipe for achieving vivid and surreal dreams includes free association, surreal metaphors, and emotional plasticity. This can lead to an undying carelessness towards critics and a desire for wanton daydreaming. Additionally, regular lucidity and a lack of effort can allow for flying in dreams, although others may need to ground the dreamer.
Loren Booda
My ingredients to the recipe of dreams are...

1. Free association

2. Surreal metaphor

3. Emotional plasticity

...not to mention the chicks !

Et tu?

Biology news on Phys.org
The dreams that stuff is made of:

1. wanton daydreaming
2. regular lucidity
3. An undying carelessness towards critics

... not to mention several book shelves of cheesy paperbacks.

Wait.. what?

There was an article about lucid dreaming in Omni Magazine. I got so I was able to fly around mostly just over the tops of trees. Only got it to work maybe a couple of times. Takes a lot of effort.

People were always able to grab my leg while I was flying (Australian crawl). I need others to keep me grounded?

Remember this is in the Biology Forum...

1. What exactly is "The stuff dreams are made of"?

"The stuff dreams are made of" is a phrase that refers to the mysterious and intangible substances or elements that make up our dreams. It can also be interpreted as the things or experiences that we desire or long for in our waking lives.

2. Where does the phrase "The stuff dreams are made of" come from?

The phrase is derived from a famous line in the 1941 film The Maltese Falcon, where the character Sam Spade says, "The stuff that dreams are made of" while referring to the titular object of desire.

3. Are dreams really made of a specific substance or material?

No, the phrase is used figuratively and does not refer to a physical substance. Dreams are a result of complex brain activity and are composed of a combination of memories, thoughts, and emotions.

4. Can the meaning of "The stuff dreams are made of" change in different contexts?

Yes, the phrase can have different interpretations depending on the context. It can refer to material possessions, personal goals, or even intangible concepts such as love and happiness.

5. Is there any scientific research on the meaning of "The stuff dreams are made of"?

While there is no specific scientific research on the phrase itself, there have been numerous studies on the function and purpose of dreams in psychology and neuroscience. However, the interpretation of "The stuff dreams are made of" remains subjective and can vary from person to person.