Universe can surf the Big Rip; Nature article

In summary, the conversation is about a previous post made by Ivan Seeking discussing a theory of "Phartons" which would inflate the Universe like no other gas. The post is several years old and has received criticism from certain forum owners but still contains interesting ideas. The link to the post is provided for new readers to review.
Ivan Seeking
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
http://www.nature.com/nsu/030609/030609-7.html

Astronomy news on Phys.org
Originally posted by Ivan Seeking
http://www.nature.com/nsu/030609/030609-7.html

Yes, I have indigestion?.. BBBUUUURRRRPP!

Thats better, I remember making a post some years ago, and I sent this post to a number of institutions and Universities, it put forward a theory of Phartons, and these Phartons would inflate the Universe like no other GAS!

I will post it here for all the newbies to give it the once over, go here to see this, bare in mind this has been around for more than five years, initially after sending it to 'all of the above', I got a lot of stick from certain forum owners, but nevertheless it does contain some interesting after-effects! :wink:

http://www.superstringtheory.com/forum/partboard/messages2/133.html[/URL]

Last edited by a moderator:

1. What is the Big Rip theory?

The Big Rip theory is a hypothetical scenario in which the expansion of the universe increases at an accelerated rate, causing all matter to be torn apart, including galaxies, stars, and even atoms.

2. How does the Big Rip relate to the idea of the universe surfing?

The concept of the universe surfing in the Big Rip theory refers to the idea that as the universe expands faster and faster, gravity will decrease, allowing objects to move more freely through space.

3. What is the significance of the Nature article about the Big Rip?

The Nature article discusses a new study that suggests that the Big Rip may not be as catastrophic as previously thought. It proposes that some structures in the universe, such as galaxy clusters, may be able to survive the Big Rip and continue to exist in the future universe.

4. How does this new research impact our understanding of the universe and the Big Rip theory?

This new research challenges the traditional view of the Big Rip as a complete destruction of the universe. It suggests that there may be some resilient structures that can withstand the effects of the Big Rip and provide insight into the ultimate fate of the universe.

5. What further research needs to be done to fully understand the Big Rip?

To fully understand the Big Rip, more research is needed to study the behavior of dark energy, which is thought to be the driving force behind the accelerated expansion of the universe. Additionally, more observations and simulations are needed to explore the potential survival of structures in the universe during the Big Rip.