Improvements to PF Design: Constructive Criticism Wanted

• Thread starter maximus
  • Start date
In summary, there are mixed feelings about the new design of the PF website. While the new banner is appreciated, some users have concerns about the soft look of the images on the left side of the screens and the organization of the forums. Some suggest darkening the shade of blue and reinstating signatures, while others feel that the forums are too divided and confusing. Some even suggest creating a forum for posts that do not fit into any specific category. However, there are also helpful tips for navigating the cluttered forums, such as hiding certain forums using the arrow button.
maximus
though, on the whole, i like the new design of the PF, i have some concerns about some things. firstly, the new banner at the top is great but the soft look of the images on the left of the screens (i don't know what to call them) is disagreeable in my opinion. the shade of blue should be darkened slightly and the signatures should be reinstated for all.
anybody else have some constructive critisism for greg that they'd like to add?

Physics news on Phys.org
Bah, I just miss PF version 2.0. No offense but I think that was the best one. This ones too big not really a community anymore there are too many forums. For example I liked it when it was just one technology forum. The only forum that I think it made sense to divide was the "other sciences" forum. I thought the others were fine, now we have many forums but most of them don't have many topics because its so divided. Phiosophy was divided a lot too... I just don't see the need. And, sometimes i wonder "where should i post this" so I just don't post at all. I know more mebers are coming in everyday but still... Oh well, that's just me though :eek:

Last edited:
Russell's Paradox:

Maybe there should be a forum called "Forum for posts which are impossible to assign to any particular forum." Logically speaking, should anyone ever post in that one?

I got all backwards when the site was updated. The 'Post Reply' button is now at the bottom-left instead of the bottom-right where it was situated before.

Motai,

I have already signed up with a physical therapist to help me re-train my mouse hand.

:smile:

Just switch hands. Problem solved.

cookiemonster

I just found this out. If the look of the forums seem very cluttered to you; Just click on the small arrow thinggie on the upper right hand of each forum. This option hides the forum you don't want to see.

Problem solved

1. What is the purpose of this project?

The purpose of this project is to gather constructive criticism and feedback on the current design of PF (particle filter) and suggest potential improvements that could enhance its functionality and efficiency.

2. Who can provide constructive criticism?

Anyone with knowledge or experience in particle filters and their design can provide constructive criticism. This includes scientists, engineers, and researchers in the field.

3. How will the feedback be used?

The feedback will be carefully considered and evaluated by the team working on improving the PF design. It will be used to identify potential areas for improvement and guide the development of new design features.

4. Are there any specific aspects of the PF design that need improvement?

While the current design has been effective in many applications, there are always opportunities for improvement. Some possible aspects that could be improved include the algorithm's accuracy, computational efficiency, and user-friendliness.

5. Will the improvements be implemented immediately?

The implementation of any proposed improvements will depend on the feasibility and resources available. Some suggestions may be implemented in the short-term, while others may require more time and resources for development and testing.