Homework for mathematical physics

It is not clear if the metal band is a closed loop or not, but the magnetic field would likely form a circular pattern around the band. It is also possible that the presence of the band could disrupt the uniformity of the field. Overall, further information or experimentation would be needed to fully describe the magnetic field in this situation. In summary, the homework problem involves determining the magnetic field created by a current-carrying metal band folded around three sides of a square. Further information or experimentation may be needed to fully describe the magnetic field in this situation.
vijolica16

Homework Statement

hello everyone there,
i really hope that someone can help me with my homework,because i don't havee a clue where to start.

so the instructions are like this:
wide metal band alternately folded on three sides of the square. Through it, along the edges,is electrical current with a constant linear density. Describe the magnetic field.

has someone did something like this or if someone can help me solve it..please

Homework Equations

The Attempt at a Solution

Physics news on Phys.org
The magnetic field of a current-carrying wire can be described using Ampere's law. According to this law, the magnetic field is proportional to the current and the distance from the wire. Therefore, in this case, the magnetic field would be determined by the current flowing through the metal band and the distance from each edge of the square.

Related to Homework for mathematical physics

1. What is the purpose of "Homework for mathematical physics"?

The purpose of "Homework for mathematical physics" is to help students practice and apply the mathematical concepts and techniques used in physics. It also helps to reinforce their understanding of these concepts and their ability to solve problems using mathematical methods.

2. How is "Homework for mathematical physics" different from regular math or physics homework?

"Homework for mathematical physics" combines both mathematical and physical concepts, requiring students to use mathematical techniques to solve physics problems. This type of homework is designed to deepen students' understanding of both subjects and their connections.

3. What topics are typically covered in "Homework for mathematical physics"?

Some common topics covered in "Homework for mathematical physics" include vector calculus, differential equations, linear algebra, complex analysis, and Fourier analysis. These topics are essential for understanding various physical phenomena and solving problems in physics.

4. How can "Homework for mathematical physics" benefit students?

"Homework for mathematical physics" can benefit students by improving their problem-solving skills, enhancing their understanding of mathematical and physical concepts, and preparing them for more advanced courses in physics and mathematics. It also helps students develop critical thinking and analytical skills.

5. How can students succeed in "Homework for mathematical physics"?

To succeed in "Homework for mathematical physics," students should have a strong foundation in mathematics and physics, as well as good study habits and time management skills. They should also actively engage with the material, seek help when needed, and practice regularly to improve their skills and understanding.