Holding a vector value for specific time

In summary, the conversation discusses the challenge of transforming a 1xn vector with a specific time scale to match the time scale of another 1xn vector. The first vector, Xb, updates every 1/1.023e6 seconds, while the second vector, Xc, updates every 1/1.405e6 seconds. The goal is to maintain Xb's dimension while holding its values over a sample time of 1/1.405e6 seconds. The vectors are compared and a potential solution, using the resample function, is discussed. However, it is noted that Xb is a discrete BPSK signal while Xc is a continuous sinusoidal signal. The conversation ends with a search
gryphon1221
I have been wracking my brain trying to figure this out. I have a 1xn vector I have gained through signal processing. I am multiplying it to another 1xn vector with a different scale.

the first vector Xb moves to the next value every 1/1.023e6 seconds
the second vector Xc moves to the next value every 1/1.405e6 seconds.

I am looking for a way that I can transform keep Xb's 1xn dimension, but hold the values over a sample time of 1/1.405e6 seconds. for example the first ten values of:

Xb=[-1 1 -1 -1 -1 -1 1 1 -1 -1]
Xc=[0 1.41373858718699, 0.0732749615049943, -1.40994069977540, -0.146353076113111, 1.40235512765087, 0.219038025739767, -1.39100224880207, -0.291134548504378, 1.37591256176390]

The time scale difference makes it so Xb has the same value for the first 6 values of Xc, but this is not a constant feature when comparing the vectors. Does anybody have a clue how to do this?

Physics news on Phys.org
I looked at resample. The problem is that the Xb code is just made with modulo 2 addition and has no real time. Xc is a continuous sin(2*pi*f1*t) where f1 is a frequency at t is taken every 1/5.714286e6 seconds. Xb is just a number of discrete values (a BPSK signal).

In reality Xb changes every 1/1.023e6 seconds. I want to hold the values of Xb constant whenever t falls somewhere in between (count-1)/1.023e6<=t<count/1.023e6, where the count moves up to the next value in Xb every time t exceeds count/1.023e6

Related to Holding a vector value for specific time

What is a vector value?

A vector value is a mathematical quantity that has both magnitude and direction. It is commonly represented as an arrow, with the length of the arrow representing the magnitude and the direction of the arrow indicating the direction.

Why would someone want to hold a vector value for a specific time?

Holding a vector value for a specific time allows for the analysis and prediction of an object's position, velocity, and acceleration over time. This is useful in various scientific fields such as physics, engineering, and astronomy.

How can a vector value be held for a specific time?

A vector value can be held for a specific time by using mathematical equations and formulas to calculate the object's position, velocity, and acceleration at different points in time. This can also be done by using computer programs and simulations.

What are some real-world applications of holding a vector value for a specific time?

Holding a vector value for a specific time has many practical applications, such as predicting the trajectory of a projectile, tracking the motion of celestial bodies in space, analyzing the movement of fluids in engineering, and modeling the behavior of particles in quantum mechanics.

What are some common challenges when holding a vector value for a specific time?

Some common challenges when holding a vector value for a specific time include accurately measuring and recording data, accounting for external factors that may affect the object's motion, and dealing with complex and nonlinear systems. Additionally, errors in calculations or assumptions can also affect the accuracy of the results.