I heard that someone can go blind from masterbaitng too much

• Thread starter decibel
  • Start date
In summary: i'm so excited for the day when we can all just admit that we do it and not feel self conscious about it, like we do somesex
Monique(?) said that 'reading in the dark gives you bad eyesight' is an old wives tale, that's not true is it? It makes sense to me. And let's not forget that not all old wives tales are not true, they proved the one about 'starving a flu and feeding a cold' (I think that's how it goes).

Physics news on Phys.org
The only thing is that you'd have to strain your eyes, since it is difficult to focus in the dark. The difficulty of focussing can give you a headache or tired eyes, but it won't cause damage.

Originally posted by Zero
Did we really need a thread of this type?

absolutely...no need to make such an important and frequent act shameful...

Originally posted by Kerrie
absolutely...no need to make such an important and frequent act shameful...

Kerrie, sounds like you have quite a bit of experience. Perhaps you would be interested in participating in a scientific endevour pertaining to the effects of frequent masturbation. jimmy p has outlined a possible procedure for males. Now we need someone from the opposite sex to propose a procedure for the females.

Kerrie, sounds like you have quite a bit of experience. Perhaps you would be interested in participating in a scientific endevour pertaining to the effects of frequent masturbation. jimmy p has outlined a possible procedure for males. Now we need someone from the opposite sex to propose a procedure for the females.

dduardo...sounds like you have an avid interest in female masturbation due to the lack of female contact in your own social life...perhaps you can acquire a little class and discuss this subject with more maturity:wink:

dduardo...sounds like you have an avid interest in female masturbation due to the lack of female contact in your own social life...perhaps you can acquire a little class and discuss this subject with more maturity:wink:

I wouldn't say that's odd.. In fact I think it's safe to say that ALL guys have a fascination with female masturbation:wink:

I too would love to examine this study.. bet the Kinsey report will have nothing on it.

so i see i was RIGHT, it does make you go blind, as sonny proved in his post, but it seems rather unofficial

Originally posted by decibel
so i see i was RIGHT, it does make you go blind, as sonny proved in his post, but it seems rather unofficial
[?] if I write the opposite, is it proven too? Just to get the facts straight, if mastrubation makes you go blind, intercourse would too.

You guys seem so perverted talking about it.. many experiments have been done on people having intercourse, it is not a wild thing. In the Biology forum there was a thread, where researchers looked at neural brain activity during orgasm.

HEEHEE, she said the O word!

Monique,

You said intercourse... heh heh... twice... heh... heh heh...

- Warren

lol that worked well!

SO with my return i wonder which thread i should post in first...

yeah no competition... MASTURBATION...

anyways, to anyone who's actually interested, I've actually been doing a pretty serious study of masturbation. I'm thinking of writing a paper sometime. On the side, I've also been delving into orgasms in general. Especially the differenced between 'g-pot' orgasms, and the traditional orgasm. Also, just for fun I've still been toying with "mental sex" and "mental orgasms" and i think i may be able to verify at the very least "mental masturbation."

Also, i thought about putting some info about female orgasms here... but after rereading what i'd written... i think it may have been too informative...

Gon on love, share your thoughts with the rest of us.

Originally posted by Monique
Just to get the facts straight, if mastrubation makes you go blind, intercourse would too.

Actually, there are indications that the two are physiologically different.

I think it was in an article in nature in '98 or something linke that.

Masturbation is a lot more fun if you have someone to do it with.

Originally posted by Gale17
SO with my return i wonder which thread i should post in first...

yeah no competition... MASTURBATION...

anyways, to anyone who's actually interested, I've actually been doing a pretty serious study of masturbation. I'm thinking of writing a paper sometime. On the side, I've also been delving into orgasms in general. Especially the differenced between 'g-pot' orgasms, and the traditional orgasm. Also, just for fun I've still been toying with "mental sex" and "mental orgasms" and i think i may be able to verify at the very least "mental masturbation."

Also, i thought about putting some info about female orgasms here... but after rereading what i'd written... i think it may have been too informative...

Hey, if you're going to start, you might as well finish.. No one likes to be left hanging:wink: Besides, you know all the guys are hanging on your post.

Originally posted by Monique
[?] if I write the opposite, is it proven too? Just to get the facts straight, if mastrubation makes you go blind, intercourse would too.

You guys seem so perverted talking about it.. many experiments have been done on people having intercourse, it is not a wild thing. In the Biology forum there was a thread, where researchers looked at neural brain activity during orgasm.

Got a link to that study? I'm actually interested in that part about the neural activity.

Wasn't it Woody Allen who described masturbation as "sex with someone you love"?

Wow, that was harsh. You won't be seeing anymore photoshopped pictures of you from me anymore.

Talking about maturity see Andy and chroot's reply to Monique. lol

Perhaps...

Originally posted by Gale17:

I've already conducted several of my own, uh, studies. On another note, spending the day reading about the stress energy-tensor in curved spacetimes is making me feel that I need to release some of my own energy.

Originally posted by dduardo
Wow, that was harsh. You won't be seeing anymore photoshopped pictures of you from me anymore.

Talking about maturity see Andy and chroot's reply to Monique. lol

good, because the your photo enhanced picture didn't flatter me anyway...

i was reading about fantasies the other day, and came across an interesting fact. People who fantasize often, and have vivid detailed fantasies are usually more intelligent than those who don't. Kinda makes you wonder about the kind of things einstein thought about... or all them other genius'... hmm... guess i must be a genius too then :wink:

And since I'm not sure where else in pf i could say this...
"if you don't believe in oral sex... shut yo mouth!"

That is why I stick to shy girls who hang out in bookstores - very rich fantasy lives. In fact I'm a genius, because I work in a bookstore, it's my job to walk up to such girls and help them find what they are looking for.

i bet if it did make you blind, half the people in this forum wouldent be here would they?

Last edited:
i was reading about fantasies the other day, and came across an interesting fact. People who fantasize often, and have vivid detailed fantasies are usually more intelligent than those who don't. Kinda makes you wonder about the kind of things einstein thought about... or all them other genius'... hmm... guess i must be a genius too then :wink:

And since I'm not sure where else in pf i could say this...
"if you don't believe in oral sex... shut yo mouth!"

*raises his hand*

I believe, I believe!

...bunch of w*nkers (NOT winkers!) lol. man you guys have been busy since last night, mustnt have been any time to experiment if you are all typing posts on here...

Thinking of a female experiment huh?

Well we could get a willing female to masturbate, and i suppose to make it a fair test, male scientists should study seeing as they are the only ones to admit to the act! Anyway the subject shoud continue while the male observers should hold up eye charts and see if there is any degradation of eyesight over a period...say a couple of hours... lol

Any volunteers? (not so fast Gale!)

ps. I am heading the science team for this experiment.
:wink:

Originally posted by jimmy p
.Any volunteers? (not so fast Gale!)

Dude, you know there are laws. You could be put in jail for requesting that type of stuff from a minor.

Shame on you.

rick1138, good advice. Maybe I should start visiting B&N more often and act like an employee.

Hey Hey Hey, I am a minor too...if depending on the age of a minor (18 or 21?) Besides it wasnt a request for her! (not so fast Gale!)..as in dont

well, not so fast in the United States means: "don't try to escape." Therefore I thought you implied she couldn't escape from volunteering.

Also in the US, a minor is anyone under 18 for sex. Under 21 your a minor for alcohol.

[edit] Just saw this picture and thought It was a good representation of men versus women:

Here is the new link:

http://umsis.miami.edu/~dduardo/post-48-1067187458.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
ah the old communication problem again...yes looking back at that it was kinda badly worded wasnt it?

ps. can't access that pic, says i don't permission or something? do you have to be registered to neowin or something?

Last edited:
I seem to remember that there was a study that linked blood pressure problems to improper breathing during masturbation. Many people hold their breath during the act and don't realize they are doing it.

So remember girls, during the experiment, keep breathing. And guys, after observing the female experiment, don't forget to breathe.

Originally posted by Adrian Baker
Wasn't it Woody Allen who described masturbation as "sex with someone you love"?
I thought he was talking about parenting.

Originally posted by BoulderHead
I thought he was talking about parenting.

Oooo. I get this. Naughty Boulderhead!