Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Resource icon

Hide BBCodes/Signatures From Guests/Users 1.8.3

No permission to download
  • Admin

MarkFL

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 24, 2012
MarkFL submitted a new resource:

Hide BBCodes/Signatures From Guests/Users - Allows you to decide what BBCode content you wish to hide from guests/users.

Overview:

This product will allow you to decide what BBCode content you wish to hide from guests/users on your site. You can also choose to hide user signatures from guests/users too. Hidden content is replaced with a link to your registration page for guests, and a simple message for restricted usergroups. In posts, this link or message is placed inside a block element so that it stands out.

Guests will see the following:

View attachment 9810

Members of restricted...
Read more about this resource...

Last edited:
  • Admin

MarkFL

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 24, 2012
Update - Version 1.8.2:

• Minor bug fix.

• Admin

MarkFL

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 24, 2012
Update - Version 1.8.3:

• Added setting to allow excluding threads by prefixid.

gnrx

Jun 7, 2018
Hello.
Today, I installed this mod, v. 1.8.3 in vb 4.2.5 and php 7.1.

The mod works fine but, I configured for hide the code "CODE", but in the posts that I have images (with code img) also hide the images, only appears the link to the image, but not appears the image.
This is the screenshot:

foro.jpg

If login or disabled the mod, appears the images in post but when enable the mod and navigate like unregistered user, appears like the attachment.

Thanks and regards!

• Admin

MarkFL

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 24, 2012
Hello, and welcome to MHB! (Wave)

Unfortunately, I am unable to replicate the reported issue. Here's what I see when viewing a post as a guest on my local dev site containing [IMG][/IMG] and [CODE][/CODE] tags, where the code block is to be hidden from guests:

mhb_hidebbcodes_001.png

As you can see the image displays and the code is hidden. I can only speculate that some other product you have installed is interfering in some way. :)

gnrx

Jun 7, 2018
Hello MarkFL :)

Ohhh!!!!!!!

I think like you, other mod...but, I made this:

In adminpc-plugins-products, I disabled all mods, only I have enabled your/this mod, disabled all others.
When I go to some post with code, appears this error:

Code:
Call to a member function query_read_slave() on null on line 279 in /home/myforum/public_html/foro/includes/class_bbcode.php
#0 /home/myforum/public_html/foro/includes/class_bbcode.php(241): vB_BbCodeParser->append_custom_tags()
#1 /home/myforum/public_html/foro/includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code(13): vB_BbCodeParser->__construct(Object(stdClass), Array)
#2 /home/myforum/public_html/foro/includes/class_postbit.php(345): eval()
#3 /home/myforum/public_html/foro/showthread.php(1096): vB_Postbit->construct_postbit(Array)
#4 {main}
I need enable the others plugins/mods for work my site, of it the others plugins/mods are disabled, disable your/this mod and works my site (strange this for me...)

In your mod, in config, I only have select the usergroup in Usergroup(s) From Which To Hide BBCodes only I have select: Unregistered / Not Logued In.

I need repair my issue, this mod its fantastic and important for me :)

Regards!!!

• Admin

MarkFL

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 24, 2012
If you are only wanting to hide things from guests, then you don't need to select any usergroups, you can select "None." I don't get any errors or issues with it, and I don't know what's happening at your site to cause them.

gnrx

Jun 7, 2018
Hello MarkFL.

Solved the issue :)
My issue was in admincp config...
I go to admincp-Configuration of BB codes and I view that, the option: Allow the code in non-specific areas of the forum
Are disabled.
I enabled this option and then...work fine your mod :)

I take this post, to comment a couple of questions:

I view, only in some times, when your mod hide the code (I have set this codes: code and quote) when hide the quote, when a user reply, in some times appear the reply with a line blank after the box (good) and other times appear the reply just before the box (your box, without blank line).

The other question, in config of your mod, the option for: Hide Internal Links?
Hide the links without code? For example, the link to [url]https://mathhelpboards.com[/url], is hide?
I set to yes this, but not hide.

Thanks and regards!

• Admin

MarkFL

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 24, 2012
I take this post, to comment a couple of questions:

I view, only in some times, when your mod hide the code (I have set this codes: code and quote) when hide the quote, when a user reply, in some times appear the reply with a line blank after the box (good) and other times appear the reply just before the box (your box, without blank line).
Can you provide a screen shot of the issue?

The other question, in config of your mod, the option for: Hide Internal Links?
Hide the links without code? For example, the link to https://mathhelpboards.com, is hide?
I set to yes this, but not hide.

Thanks and regards!
Internal links refers to links to pages on your own site. Are you saying external links are not being hidden? Are you sure the URL tags are being used? Can you provide screenshots of the raw and displayed content?

gnrx

Jun 7, 2018
Can you provide a screen shot of the issue?
Yes, attach a screenshot.
Its screenshot of the same thread, in the first reply, appears the reply with "quote" just after your box with blank line, the second reply, have the same, reply with quote, but the reply appears just after your box without blank line.

Internal links refers to links to pages on your own site. Are you saying external links are not being hidden? Are you sure the URL tags are being used? Can you provide screenshots of the raw and displayed content?
It was my configuration error, after reconfiguring, it hides the external and internal links well.
My apologies.

Thank you very much!

Edit: I view that, I have configured in "BBCode Tag Content To Hide From Guests" this codes: code, quote and url.
I have disabled Hide Internal Links, but for Guests (unregistereds users) this internal links are hiden also, for the code url?

Thanks.

Attachments

Last edited:

MarkFL

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 24, 2012
Are you sure both quotes have the same number of newlines entered in the post after them?

gnrx

Jun 7, 2018
Hello.
First of all, my apologies for the delay in answering, I was a few days away and could only check my forum.
Are you sure both quotes have the same number of newlines entered in the post after them?
Yes, I view the code and view that, after tags code, are the same numer of newlines enterered, in this cases, are 0 new lines after them.

Thanks and regards!

btekcan

Feb 14, 2020
Hello,

I'm using 1.8.3 download from your site yesterday. But today I saw some error in my apache error.log file like that. I never see any error before

PHP Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 180 seconds exceeded in /home/includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 57

Any idea why this problem occured after this product ?

Regards

Note: Any problem with google adsense ? Because I cannot see any ads guest but users can see.

Last edited:

Jameson

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 26, 2012
Hi btekcan,

Unfortunately MarkFL has been missing for a while. I don't think he'll see this question. I still am very hopeful that we'll see him return some time but for now just wanted to let you know.

I am not very good at PHP but I opened up the code for this plugin and inside of the plugin is a SQL query that could time out if some server issue occurred. If the error that you see if not consistent then I would worry less than if it's always there. Out of curiosity, which type of error is this? Off and on or consistent?

btekcan

Feb 14, 2020
Hello,

I think this plugin use postbit area, and generate this error sometimes. Because these error is new logged. Before I never see, and 3-4 error create daily. But which code generate this I don't know :(

Regards

Hi btekcan,

Unfortunately MarkFL has been missing for a while. I don't think he'll see this question. I still am very hopeful that we'll see him return some time but for now just wanted to let you know.

I am not very good at PHP but I opened up the code for this plugin and inside of the plugin is a SQL query that could time out if some server issue occurred. If the error that you see if not consistent then I would worry less than if it's always there. Out of curiosity, which type of error is this? Off and on or consistent?

gnrx

Jun 7, 2018
Hi btekcan,

I only answer to indicate that, I hope MarkFL is well, and his absence is not for nothing bad.
Great huge person ... my regards from here.