Exploring the Dark Radiations of Black Holes

In summary, Stephen Hawking has proved that black holes shine with dark radiations. This is possible because at the event horizon, there is quantum fluctuation in the vacuum, hence causing matter and their antimatter counterpart to form for a split second, before annihilating again. For some reason which I'll leave it for others to explain (because I don't know), there is a very small chance that the one with negative mass will fall back into the black hole.
HIGHLYTOXIC
Prof.Stephen Hawking has proved that black holes shine with dark radiations.
How is this possible when even light can't escape a black hole? What is the nature of such radiations?

Science news on Phys.org
Do a web search and you'll find a lot from there. Alternatively, you can read his books.

I do not know the details, but I know that at the event horizon, there is quantum fluctuation in the vacuum, hence causing matter and their antimatter counterpart to form for a split second, before annihilating again. For some reason which I'll leave it for others to explain (because I don't know), there is a very small chance that the one with negative mass will fall back into the black hole.

According to E = mc², since the black hole gained negative mass, it experience a drop in energy, and hence the energy that's lost must be due to the particle that has escaped.

It's called Hawking radiation and is to do with the fact that black holes must be consitent with the laws of thermodynamics. Stephen Hawking suggested the mechanism that P. described above, there are other ways to think of it though, for example you can think of it as particles tunelling through the potential barrier of the black hole.

Originally posted by HIGHLYTOXIC
Prof.Stephen Hawking has proved that black holes shine with dark radiations.
How is this possible when even light can't escape a black hole? What is the nature of such radiations?

The tricky part is that nothing is actually escaping the black hole. The virtual particles referred to by Pandemonium form exactly on the event horizon. If one virtual particles forms just inside the event horizon, and its meet forms just outside, then the one that forms outside can't escape. It does not cross the event horizon; it came into existence already outside the black hole. However, energy generated by stresses on the fabric of space-time (caused by the black hole's gravitational gradient) is the energy which formed in both virtual particles. So, when one of them escapes, 1/2 of the energy expended to generate them is lost. This virtual particle has now become a real photon (for example), and radiates away from the black hole. As a result, the black hole loses mass.

1. What are black holes and how are they formed?

Black holes are regions in space where the gravitational pull is so strong that nothing, including light, can escape. They are formed when a massive star runs out of fuel and collapses under its own weight, creating a singularity at its center.

2. How do we detect and study black holes?

Black holes cannot be seen directly, but their presence can be inferred by observing their effects on nearby matter. Scientists use telescopes to study the radiation emitted by matter falling into a black hole and analyze the gravitational effects of a black hole on its surroundings.

3. What are the dark radiations of black holes?

The dark radiations of black holes refer to the various types of radiation emitted by black holes, including X-rays, gamma rays, and Hawking radiation. These radiations are invisible to the naked eye but can be detected and studied by specialized equipment.

4. How do black holes affect their surroundings?

Black holes have a strong gravitational pull that can distort the space-time fabric around them. This can cause nearby objects to orbit or fall into the black hole. Black holes also have the power to bend light, making it difficult to observe objects behind them.

5. What is the significance of studying black holes and their dark radiations?

Studying black holes and their dark radiations can provide valuable insights into the nature of gravity, space, and time. It can also help us understand the evolution and fate of the universe. Furthermore, studying black holes can lead to new technologies and advancements in our understanding of the physical world.