Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Hi There

Kman

Sep 24, 2013
Hi,

I'm new here and i'm from South Africa. Recently I received an assignment and need help with some of the questions.
If somebody could please assist me with these problems and also check that the other questions are correct it will be highly appreciated.
The assignment consists of most topics in our maths syllabus.
The questions I require help in is Question 2 (Most of it), Question 4, Question 5, Question 6B.
I still have to complete question 7.

I am having problems with my internet connection thats why i have to upload the pictures separately.

PS I did post this on another forum and I copied and pasted this here as the assignment needs to be handed in tomorrow.

Thanks in advance.

Kman

Attachments

Jameson

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 26, 2012
Hi Kman, (Wave)

Welcome to MHB! We can definitely help you understand these topics better and new topics you come across in the future. In order for us to help you most efficiently there are some things to consider when posting a problem.

1) Your attached images are upside down it seems, which makes it inconvenient to read the text. ;) I suggest making sure that everything is right-side up in the future. I know scanners can be frustrating when these things happen.

2) Our rules state that you should ask no more than 2 questions in one thread. This is designed to focus the discussion on less topics at once, which means we are able to discuss them in more detail and check that you are clear with the math concepts you need to know.

3) We will gladly help you understand the material in your classes but we can't help you complete an assignment that is graded on correctness, unless your professor states that it's ok to discuss problems with other people. Sites that basically do/check someone's homework by giving full answers might seem useful when an assignment is due the next morning but all in all this doesn't really help you. We want you to know how to do everything with confidence.

4) Once you figure out which problem you want to start with, make sure you explain as much as possible about what you tried and the concepts which aren't clear. This info will speed up the process.

Don't worry if it takes a little while to figure out how we run things here. I just wanted to show you what MHB is like and why I think we are one of the best free resources for math help online. If you ever have any questions, please feel free to send me a message or post it in the forums.

For now you should make a new thread in one of our forums for discussing math and choose 1-2 problems to begin with.

Jameson

Kman

Sep 24, 2013
Hi Kman, (Wave)

Welcome to MHB! We can definitely help you understand these topics better and new topics you come across in the future. In order for us to help you most efficiently there are some things to consider when posting a problem.

1) Your attached images are upside down it seems, which makes it inconvenient to read the text. ;) I suggest making sure that everything is right-side up in the future. I know scanners can be frustrating when these things happen.

Sorry about that. I didn't actually notice that. I will try and fix that now.

2) Our rules state that you should ask no more than 2 questions in one thread. This is designed to focus the discussion on less topics at once, which means we are able to discuss them in more detail and check that you are clear with the math concepts you need to know.

3) We will gladly help you understand the material in your classes but we can't help you complete an assignment that is graded on correctness, unless your professor states that it's ok to discuss problems with other people. Sites that basically do/check someone's homework by giving full answers might seem useful when an assignment is due the next morning but all in all this doesn't really help you. We want you to know how to do everything with confidence.

Yes, I actually realised that after I posed so maybe in the individual thread i'll post what I cant do

4) Once you figure out which problem you want to start with, make sure you explain as much as possible about what you tried and the concepts which aren't clear. This info will speed up the process.

Don't worry if it takes a little while to figure out how we run things here. I just wanted to show you what MHB is like and why I think we are one of the best free resources for math help online. If you ever have any questions, please feel free to send me a message or post it in the forums.

For now you should make a new thread in one of our forums for discussing math and choose 1-2 problems to begin with.

Jameson
Overall thanks for pointing me in the right direction:D

Jameson

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 26, 2012
You are welcome and once again welcome to MHB. I think you'll find a great environment for learning here I and look forward to seeing you around. :)

MarkFL

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 24, 2012
Hello and welcome to MHB, Kman! (Sun)

anemone

MHB POTW Director
Staff member
Feb 14, 2012
Welcome aboard, Kman!:)

DreamWeaver

Sep 16, 2013
Well hello and good evening, Kman! Welcome aboard... :D

In addition to Jameson's wise words - and from one forum noob to another - personally, I'd highly recommend having a little nose around in the LaTex forum...

Clicky here -->>

LaTeX Help and Discussion

If you're new to it, then it might take a little while to get used to it, but using LaTex effectively allows you to post any problems or questions you might have in a far more user-friendly format. And ultimately, the easier you make it for others to grasp the problem at hand, the more/better replies you'll get, IMHO...

All the best! (Beer)

Gethin

Last edited: