Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Hi - Passionate educator looking to help

jesse88

Feb 24, 2017
"Hi everyone

I'm new to the forum and looking forward to helping improve student understanding in math (not just giving answers ).

If you are like me then you have probably struggled with the wide range of ability in your class - How should I teach when some students are rock-stars and others are years behind grade level?
There are tools available that can tell me how each student is doing on a skill or standard but not WHY. When I work 1-on-1 with students I can look at their working and understand the root causes but that's impossible in a class.

I have been working on a tool called adapptED to fix this and help us teachers drill down to that level to focus on the WHY. I'm looking to get teachers to trial out this tool in their classrooms. You can check out or current early version at beta.adappted.co/teacher_dashboard. If you are interested please send me a PM.

We also have the main student site which has a limited amount of content starting with rates and ratios at the moment but we are broadening this out (anyone want to help?). It is free to use so if you or any students you know want to try it out then sign up at beta.adappted.co

Thanks in advance,
Jesse"

MarkFL

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 24, 2012
Hello and welcome to MHB, Jesse! (Wave)

I removed the link to your email address, as that shouldn't be public, and people can just as easily contact you via our private messaging system here. :D

jesse88

Feb 24, 2017
Hello and welcome to MHB, Jesse! (Wave)

I removed the link to your email address, as that shouldn't be public, and people can just as easily contact you via our private messaging system here. :D
Thanks very much MarkFL

Joppy

MHB Math Helper
Mar 17, 2016
Welcome to the forum!

Or better yet, invite your students to the forum! If anything, let them know how useful and valuable forums can be. Both for teaching and learning.