Shuttle Launch Leader: Who Is It?

• Thread starter Astronomer107
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Launch
In summary, the person who leads a shuttle launch can be referred to as Mission Control, dean of launch, Launch Control, Shuttle Team leader, Mission Commander, Control Chief, or launch coordinator.
Astronomer107
Ok, this is a really stupid question, but it's just killing me for some reason. What do you call the person who leads a shuttle launch? I need help quickly!

Astronomy news on Phys.org
Lots of things. Mission Control, or dean of launch, Launch Control, umm, Shuttle Team leader, Mission Commander (though I'm not sure).

so essentially, I'm not sure.

Don't they have a "control chief" at a master console? I believe I read that they do.

Originally posted by Astronomer107
Ok, this is a really stupid question, but it's just killing me for some reason. What do you call the person who leads a shuttle launch? I need help quickly!

I think his name's "TOM".

I believe you're referring to the "launch coordinator".

Related to Shuttle Launch Leader: Who Is It?

1. What is "Shuttle Launch Leader: Who Is It?"

"Shuttle Launch Leader: Who Is It?" is a simulation game that allows players to experience the role of a launch leader for a space shuttle mission. It involves making strategic decisions and managing resources to ensure a successful launch.

2. Who can play "Shuttle Launch Leader: Who Is It?"

Anyone can play "Shuttle Launch Leader: Who Is It?" as it is designed to be accessible to a wide range of players. However, it may be more suitable for individuals with an interest in science and space exploration.

3. How does "Shuttle Launch Leader: Who Is It?" simulate a real launch?

The game uses realistic scenarios and data to simulate a space shuttle launch. It takes into account factors such as weather conditions, technical issues, and mission objectives to provide an accurate simulation of a launch.

4. What skills can players develop while playing "Shuttle Launch Leader: Who Is It?"

Players can develop skills such as critical thinking, decision-making, resource management, and problem-solving while playing "Shuttle Launch Leader: Who Is It?". They can also gain a better understanding of the challenges and complexities involved in launching a space shuttle.

5. Is "Shuttle Launch Leader: Who Is It?" based on a real launch mission?

Yes, "Shuttle Launch Leader: Who Is It?" is based on real launch missions from NASA's history. However, the game also includes fictional scenarios to provide a more diverse and challenging experience for players.