Hi, I have attached a Di-electric study graph of Copper. a) How

In summary, the conversation involves a discussion about a Di-electric study graph of Copper and how to measure the di-electric properties from the graph. The speaker also mentions that the graph is of nanoparticles of copper, which may have some differences compared to bulk copper. They ask for guidance in answering their questions for further analysis.
theivasanthi
Hi,
I have attached a Di-electric study graph of Copper.
a) How can I do the di-electric measurement from this graph?
b) How can I measure the loss of di-electric?
c) How can I measure the di-electric constant?
d) The graph gives the result which is linear. Is it essential that the di-electric measurement
result must be in semi-circle form?

Attachments

• Copper powder.JPG
    Copper powder.JPG
    17.4 KB · Views: 359
Physics news on Phys.org

theivasanthi said:
Hi,
I have attached a Di-electric study graph of Copper.
a) How can I do the di-electric measurement from this graph?
b) How can I measure the loss of di-electric?
c) How can I measure the di-electric constant?
d) The graph gives the result which is linear. Is it essential that the di-electric measurement
result must be in semi-circle form?

What do you mean by copper being a dielectric?

the graph is nanoparticles of copper and not a pure copper or bulk copper. Some differences are there between copper and copper nanoparticles. Please answer my questions for further analysis.

theivasanthi said:
the graph is nanoparticles of copper and not a pure copper or bulk copper. Some differences are there between copper and copper nanoparticles. Please answer my questions for further analysis.

How about you take a first cut at answering the questions yourself, and we will comment on your answers. That is how it works here at the PF. We don't do your schoolwork for you.

Hello there,

Thank you for sharing your di-electric study graph of copper with me. I would be happy to provide some guidance on how to interpret and measure the results from this graph.

a) To perform a di-electric measurement from this graph, you will need to use a device called a di-electric spectrometer. This instrument measures the changes in electrical properties of a material when subjected to an electric field. By inputting the data from your graph into the spectrometer, you can obtain precise measurements of the di-electric properties of copper.

b) The loss of di-electric can be measured by determining the difference between the maximum and minimum values on the graph. This can indicate the amount of energy lost when an electric field is applied to copper, which is an important factor in understanding its di-electric properties.

c) The di-electric constant can be calculated by dividing the capacitance of the material by the capacitance of a vacuum. This will give you a numerical value for the di-electric constant, which is a measure of a material's ability to store electrical energy.

d) The linear result on your graph is not unusual for a di-electric study of copper. However, it is not essential for the results to be in a semi-circle form. The shape of the graph can vary depending on the properties of the material being studied and the conditions under which the measurements are taken.

I hope this helps to answer your questions about di-electric measurement. If you have any further inquiries, please do not hesitate to reach out. Keep up the good work in your research!

Related to Hi, I have attached a Di-electric study graph of Copper. a) How

1. What is a Di-electric study graph?

A Di-electric study graph is a type of graph that shows the relationship between the dielectric constant (also known as relative permittivity) of a material and the frequency of an applied electric field. It is commonly used in the study of electrical properties of materials, particularly in the field of electromagnetics.

2. What does the graph of Copper's Di-electric study show?

The graph of Copper's Di-electric study shows the dielectric constant of Copper as a function of frequency. It typically shows a decrease in dielectric constant as frequency increases, with a plateau at higher frequencies. This indicates that Copper has a low dielectric constant and is a good conductor of electricity.

3. How is a Di-electric study graph of Copper useful?

A Di-electric study graph of Copper is useful in understanding the electrical properties of Copper and its behavior when exposed to electric fields. It can also be used to compare Copper to other materials and determine its suitability for various applications, such as in electronic devices or power transmission lines.

4. What factors can affect the di-electric properties of Copper?

The di-electric properties of Copper can be affected by factors such as impurities in the material, temperature, and the presence of a magnetic field. These factors can alter the behavior of the electrons in Copper and therefore change its dielectric constant.

5. How is a Di-electric study graph of Copper created?

A Di-electric study graph of Copper is created by measuring the dielectric constant of Copper at different frequencies using specialized equipment. The data is then plotted on a graph with frequency on the x-axis and dielectric constant on the y-axis. The resulting curve is then analyzed to determine the behavior of Copper as a dielectric material.