Hi all,I'm a beginner in FEA and got a problem regarding nodes.

In summary, if you are a beginner in FEA and want to split a line into nodes using APDL script, the easiest way is to use the LMESH command. If you want more control over the placement of nodes, you can use line division commands or manually place nodes on keypoints using NKPT and create elements using the E,n1,n2 command.
cbor0023
Hi all,

I'm a beginner in FEA and got a problem regarding nodes. Can you split a line into a number of nodes using APDL script? Then a force should be applied as these nodes using F. The line is and arc.

Thanks in advance
Chri

Engineering news on Phys.org

Sure, the easiest way is to simple mesh the line using the LMESH command. That will create nodes and elements along the line.

If you want to more specifically place the nodes, then you can use the line division commands. I'm not sure of the exact command, but you can divide a line in a few different ways. This will create keypoints at each of the line endpoints. From there, if you want to create the nodes and elements by hand, you can place nodes on the keypoints, using NKPT and then join each node by simply issuing the E,n1,n2 create element command, or by simple meshing again (which I believe will automatically place nodes on keypoints).

Related to Hi all,I'm a beginner in FEA and got a problem regarding nodes.

1. What is FEA?

FEA stands for Finite Element Analysis. It is a numerical method used to solve complex engineering problems by dividing a structure or system into smaller, more manageable elements.

2. What is the purpose of using FEA?

The purpose of using FEA is to simulate and analyze the behavior of a structure or system under different conditions, such as loads, stresses, and temperatures, in order to predict its performance and identify potential design flaws.

3. What are nodes in FEA?

In FEA, nodes are points on a structure or system where elements are connected. These nodes serve as reference points for the analysis and are used to calculate the behavior of the structure or system.

4. How are nodes selected in FEA?

Nodes are typically selected at points of high stress or strain, or at points where there is a change in geometry or material properties. The number and location of nodes can significantly affect the accuracy of the analysis results.

5. What are some common problems encountered in FEA?

Some common problems encountered in FEA include mesh convergence issues, incorrect boundary conditions, and inaccurate material properties. It is important to carefully plan and validate the FEA model to ensure accurate and reliable results.