The daily show- with jon stewart (a serious news programme)

• Thread starter MathematicalPhysicist
  • Start date
  • Tags
    News
In summary, the conversation is about the Daily Show with Jon Stewart and whether or not it is a serious news program. Some people find it funny and enjoyable, while others think it is immature. The show airs on Comedy Central and some people do not have access to it due to not having cable or a parabolic antenna. One person from the conversation is from a country where being cynical can result in death. Overall, the group agrees that the show can be funny and intelligent in its humor.
MathematicalPhysicist
Gold Member
who watches jon stewart's daily show?

wouldnt you agree that he puts the news in a mature way and with that also humoristic, anyway it's a great programme.

Physics news on Phys.org
In what channel is the show?
Anyway, no chance for seeing it, I don't have cable TV or parabolic antenna.

Mature?
Yes, John Stewart singing "My Milk Shake Brings all the boys to the yard, and they're like, it's better than yours. Damn right, it's better than yours..." is so very mature

John Stewart's a really funny guy, the Daily Show isn't a serious news programme but It's still fun to watch.

I think it's funny. Not gut busting, but definitely worth tuning into. He's on comedy central around midnight

why do you think i added the smilie

Originally posted by The_Professional
John Stewart's a really funny guy, the Daily Show isn't a serious news programme but It's still fun to watch.
i was cynical!
do you kill somebody in your country if he's cynical?!

the best

Originally posted by loop quantum gravity
i was cynical!

Yes

Yes

ROTFLMAOAPMP!

This is SO FUNNY!

THANKS YOU GUYS!

Yes

well, which country is that so that ill know not to visit there?

I've only seen a little of that show, but what I have seen has been immature...in a fun & intelligent way.

well, which country is that so that ill know not to visit there?

The Unionist Republic of El Camino

i was cynical!

I think that the word you're looking for is sarcastic, not cynical.

Anyway, the Daily Show is great, although, it hasn't been as funny in recent weeks. It seems to be funnier to me when they're doing a lot of making fun of crazy right-wingers. That, and they need to bring back the "Ta-Da Ballot".

1. What is "The Daily Show with Jon Stewart"?

The Daily Show with Jon Stewart is a satirical news program that airs on Comedy Central. It first premiered in 1996 and was hosted by Craig Kilborn. Jon Stewart took over as host in 1999 and helped shape the show into its current form.

2. Is "The Daily Show" a serious news program?

While it may have started as a more lighthearted show, "The Daily Show" has evolved into a more serious news program over the years. While the show still uses comedy and satire, it also covers important and relevant news topics with in-depth analysis and interviews.

3. How does "The Daily Show" differ from other news programs?

"The Daily Show" differs from other news programs in its approach to presenting the news. It uses humor and satire to discuss and dissect current events, often providing a unique perspective on the news. It also tends to focus on more unconventional or overlooked stories.

4. Is "The Daily Show" biased towards a certain political viewpoint?

"The Daily Show" has been criticized for having a liberal bias, but Jon Stewart has stated that the show's goal is to provide an equal opportunity to make fun of both sides of the political spectrum. While the show may lean towards a certain viewpoint, it also aims to hold all politicians and media outlets accountable for their actions and statements.

5. Does "The Daily Show" have a significant impact on politics and society?

Many argue that "The Daily Show" has had a significant impact on politics and society. It has a large and dedicated fan base, and its humorous approach to discussing current events has helped engage and educate younger audiences. The show has also been praised for its ability to hold those in power accountable and bring attention to important issues.