Help with graphing currents in electrical circuit

In summary, the conversation discusses a program that was created to graph the change of two currents in an electrical circuit over time. The results are unsure and the poster is asking for feedback on the graph. The equations for di_1/dt and di_2/dt are mentioned, as well as additional information about the problem. The poster also asks for clarification on which sinusoid represents i1 and i2 and if any values for R are given.
he1senberg
I wrote a program to graph the change of 2 currents in an electrical curcuit over time. Circuit and the graph is on the link below. I have the results but I am not sure about it. Do you think the graph roughly makes sense? I have the equations for di_1/dt and di_2/dt and can write them if the information below isn't enough.

Thanks.

http://imgur.com/a/SFJuC

For problem I have following information:
E(t) = sin(120*pi*t)
L = 0.0002
C = 0.0035

Physics news on Phys.org
Hi he1senberg. Which sinusoid is i1 and which is i2? Are you given a value for the R's?

Related to Help with graphing currents in electrical circuit

1. How do I plot current in an electrical circuit?

To plot current in an electrical circuit, you will need to measure the current at various points in the circuit. This can be done using a multimeter or an ammeter. Once you have your measurements, you can plot them on a graph with the current values on the y-axis and the corresponding points on the x-axis.

2. What type of graph should I use to show current in an electrical circuit?

The most commonly used graph for showing current in an electrical circuit is a line graph. This is because it allows for the visualization of the change in current over time or at different points in the circuit. However, a bar graph can also be used if you are comparing different circuits or components.

3. How do I label my graph when graphing currents in an electrical circuit?

To label your graph, you will need to include a title, axis labels, and a legend (if necessary). The title should be descriptive of what the graph is showing, such as "Current vs. Time in Circuit A". The x-axis should be labeled with the independent variable, which in this case is time. The y-axis should be labeled with the dependent variable, which is current. If you are comparing multiple circuits, be sure to include a legend to distinguish between them.

4. Can I use a spreadsheet program to graph currents in an electrical circuit?

Yes, most spreadsheet programs have built-in graphing tools that can be used to plot currents in electrical circuits. Simply input your data into the spreadsheet and use the graphing function to create a graph. However, be sure to double-check the settings to ensure the graph is accurately representing your data.

5. How can I interpret the graph of currents in an electrical circuit?

The shape of the graph can tell you a lot about the circuit and the behavior of the current. A straight line indicates a constant current, while a curved line may indicate a changing current. The slope of the line can also provide information about the resistance in the circuit, as the steeper the slope, the higher the resistance. Additionally, the intersections of the graph with the x-axis can show where the current is zero or where there are changes in direction. Overall, careful observation and analysis of the graph can provide valuable insights into the behavior of current in the circuit.