Help with designing a power generating system

Simonglo
Thread moved to the schoolwork forums and OP has been reminded to always show their work on schoolwork problems.
TL;DR Summary: I've been asked to design a power generating system. I could really use some help on how to approach this question, as I cant really find something like that in my study meterial.

So I've been asked to design a system that would produce the biggest amount of power possible, using these parameters:

A Hot air stream, with a temperature of 700C, preasure of 8 Bar and a flow rate of 10 KG/min.
A stream of hot steam, with a temperature of 350C, preasure of 1 BAR, and a flow rate of 10KG/min.
A lake with a static temperature of 16C, and the air around the system which is at 22C and 1 Bar.

Any suggestions on how to approach this?

Physics news on Phys.org
what are your thoughts so far?

Chestermiller said:
what are your thoughts so far?
I was thinking of making a Rankine cycle system, since i'm supplied with a source of steam. The thing is, i'm not sure how to incorporate the water of the lake or the hot air stream into it. Also, while finding the Enthalpy for the steam before entering a turbine is easy enough, i'm not sure how to find the Enthalpy once it exits to calculate to amount of power the turbine generates.

Simonglo said:
I cant really find something like that in my study material.
Does your textbook / do your lecture notes have anything about steam turbines ?

##\ ##