Help With Creating A Science Project

In summary, you are looking for a science-based project to do for your report for a math class. You are interested in space travel and bio-engineering.
navneet1990
HELLO TO EVERYONE

i am appearing for an examination where i have to submit a project report based on science [ practically any]
i should be able to make a theoretical or practical project which is innovative, creative
it should not be something which is improving the technology available today
could anyone please help me
or give me an idea

Physics news on Phys.org
what kind of schooling do you have?

if your in high school than a brief presentation on string theory or particle physics should do it.

if your in college than what level?

im not in high school
im doing bachelor of sciences : physics
second year

Your post is rather vague. I have no idea from it what you actually have to do.

see
i have to create a science project
based on any field of science
it should be creative
and not be something like improving the present technology

Have you any areas of personal interest?

well yes
to narrow down the search
fluids
electromagnetism
mechanics
includes quantum
genetics
biotechnology
basically physics
mathematics
if possible
and genetics and biotechnology
i have narrowed it down to this because i felt it would be extremely though to do something in chemistry
but i am ready to do on it if there is something in chemistry
other wise
mainly
physics and genetics
physics
on fluids . fluid mechanics,etc.
electromagnetism
sound
quantum

navneet1990 said:
see
i have to create a science project
based on any field of science
it should be creative
and not be something like improving the present technology

Science project?

Do you have to perform an experiment? Write a two page paper? Give a presentation? All of the above? Details matter.

no
i don't have to perform it
i have to write a report
like write a paper on it
it could be a working project
but i just have to write a paper on it

what class is this for? does this have to be a mathmatical project? ie. you have to come up with a thought experiment and work out the consequences of it

you havn't given us enough information to help you yet.

also what kind of math courses have you taken? what kind of physics courses?

im doing bachelor of physics 2nd year
so i basically am aware of all the concepts of mathematics and physics
also its for BSc. and to the minimum 12th grade
its not nesecarry it has to be mathematical
it can be based on physics
or chemistry
or basically science
anything under science

can you elaborate a bit, one person's second year in a bachelor of physics program can be very different from another persons

what specific math and science courses have you taken? this will help give you ideas for what you could work on.

. and to the minimum 12th grade
can you elaborate?

also can you use complete sentances?

ok
sure
its like this
well
ive done
1.rest and motion: kinematic[ these are the headings so they just mean that I've studied all its details]
2. force
3.Newtons law of motion
4. friction
5.circular motion
6.work and energy
7.centre of mass,linear momentum,collision
8.rotational mechanics
9.gravitation
10.simple harmonic motion
11.fluid mechanics
12.mechanical properties of matter
13.wave motion and waves on a string
14.sound waves
15.light waves
16. geometrical optics
17.optical instruments
18.dispersion and spectra
19.speed of light
20.photometry
21. heat and temperature
22.kinetic theory of gases
23.calorimetry
24.laws of thermodynamics
25.specific heat capacities of gases
26. heat transfers
27.electric field and potential
28. gauss laws
29.capacitors
30.electric current in conductors
31.thermal and chemical effects of electric current
32.magnetic fields
33.magnetic field due to a current
34.permanent magnets
35.magnetic properties of matter
36.electromagnetic induction
37.alternating current
38.electromagnetic waves
39. electric current through gases
40.photoelectric effect and wave-particle duality
41.bohr's model,quantum model and structure of atom
42. x-rays
43. semiconductors and semiconductor devices
44.the nucleus and fission and all
45. the special theory of relativity

this was in physics.

now in mathematics
ive done calculus
co-ordinate geometry
fractals
and basically most of the stuff i can't remember
does this help?

What do you mean by this statement: "it should not be something which is improving the technology available today"? You have to come up with your only experiment? Or base your report off someone elses experiment/results?
Do you have particular interest in 3-4 fields? Space Travel, Virtual Reality,bio-engineering/robotics/cybernetics.

When you finally narrow down your list. Just come up with something you think might be intriguing to read up on

"Outer Limits" TV show might be a good source of pseudo-science for you to think of an actual science-based project.

i do have interest in biotechnology and space travel
im basically aiming for a project which is based on any principle of science

also I was thinking more of a course heading not the chapters titles out of your textbook, We've all studied those things to and its best to give as simple of titles as possible.

from the looks of it you've taken physics I and II and maybe III

and it sounds like you've taken at least calc I and II

is this correct?

yes
true
ive taken calc

As others have said, it's hard to give good advice (what we all seek to offer) without more info, so I thought I'd try this. I googled advanced science fair projects, and got lots of helpful hits. Could you please take a look at the hit list, and let us know what kinds of things look interesting and applicable to your assignment?

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=advanced+science+fair+projects

well i liked a few
stuff like making electric globes
hovercraft
and about genemapping
etc.

see the basic point is that it should be related to physics or genetics or aerspace maybe

navneet1990 said:
well i liked a few
stuff like making electric globes
hovercraft
and about genemapping
etc.

see the basic point is that it should be related to physics or genetics or aerspace maybe

can anyone explain me the peltier's
what it is
and all

yes
yes
exactly
and the seebeck effect too??

its the peltier-seebeck effect, its just abrieviated peltier

could anyone give me ideas as to how i could perform the peltiers-seebeck experiment

When in doubt, make a coil gun. Make it out of flash cameras. I got an A for that.

I also got an A for doing the peltier-seebeck effect. The trouble was finding a fan small enough that a regular peltier could power. =/ Eventually my group used one that a different group and class made for their own project.

can the cooling effect be proved
by like
using the setup

What we (my group) did: Take a peltier. A very small fan or an LED (fan will look cooler). Take two square tin cans (one of my group member's wife is Filipono and apparently she bought them at one of those "international" stores or whatever. I think it was tea.), some dry ice, and some boiling water. Hook it up so it goes like this:

Can with boiling water -> peltier <- can with dry ice water
......Hooked up to fan

The fan will spin as long as there is a decent temperature difference. We got ours to work for like half an hour. Putting the cans into styrofoam will help to insulate them and just put everything together easier.

Alternately, you can hook up the peltier to a current and cool the side that gets hot. The other side will get colder. Use a thermometer.

People do that all the time for cooling computers.

cool
thanks
great idea

Related to Help With Creating A Science Project

1. How do I come up with an original science project idea?

Coming up with an original science project idea can be challenging, but a good starting point is to think about your interests and what you are curious about. You can also look for inspiration from current events, everyday problems, or scientific advancements. Brainstorming with friends, family, or your science teacher can also help generate ideas.

2. What are the key components of a successful science project?

A successful science project should have a clear question or hypothesis, a well-designed experiment, and reliable data collection and analysis methods. It should also include a detailed procedure, background research, and a conclusion that supports or disproves the hypothesis. A visually appealing display and effective presentation of findings are also important aspects.

3. How can I ensure the safety of my science project?

Safety should always be a top priority when conducting a science project. Start by carefully reading and following all instructions and precautions for any materials or equipment used. If conducting experiments with potentially hazardous substances, make sure to wear appropriate protective gear and perform experiments in a well-ventilated area. Always have a responsible adult supervise your project and never handle hazardous materials without proper knowledge and training.

4. How can I make my science project stand out?

To make your science project stand out, try to think creatively and come up with a unique approach to your topic. Use visual aids, such as charts, graphs, or models, to enhance your presentation and make it more engaging. Incorporate real-life applications or practical solutions to a problem in your project. Also, make sure to thoroughly explain your process and findings in a clear and concise manner.

5. What resources can I use for help with creating a science project?

There are many resources available to help you with creating a science project. Your school or local library may have books or magazines on science project ideas and techniques. You can also search online for science project databases, educational websites, and science fair resources. Additionally, your science teacher or a mentor can provide guidance and support throughout the project process.