Help What's wrong with this picture?

• Thread starter solutionhereplz
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Picture
In summary, the conversation is about a question regarding the DMV publication and its content on stopping distances. One person suggests testing the stopping distances and looking into thinking distances. Another person reminds them to show their own effort before asking for help. The original questioner mentions average acceleration for braking distance and wondering if they should also consider thinking distance. The conversation ends with a suggestion to show their work for calculating accelerations.
solutionhereplz
Help! What's wrong with the dmv publication?:cry:
http://www.theusefulblog.com/47331.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Anyone?:frown:

Well, there's a few things you can do =). Test to see if the stopping distances are correct given the initial velocity. Look into the thinking distances and other various things.

Last edited:
solutionhereplease said:
Anyone?:frown:
We can't really help you until you first show us your effort. Please read the posting Guidelines again.

I know their average acceleration for the braking distance are diff, but could that be the case? I'm not sure if I have to worry about the thinking distance either.

Last edited:
solutionhereplease said:
I know their average acceleration for the braking distance are diff, but could that be the case? I'm not sure if I have to worry about the thinking distance either.

Just glancing at the progression of distances, I'd say you were right. Show your work for how you calculated the accelerations.

Related to Help What's wrong with this picture?

1. What is the purpose of the "Help What's wrong with this picture?" experiment?

The purpose of this experiment is to test people's ability to identify discrepancies and errors in visual information, and to understand how different factors such as attention and context can influence our perception.

2. How is the "Help What's wrong with this picture?" experiment conducted?

The experiment typically involves showing participants a picture or visual stimulus that contains one or more errors or discrepancies. Participants are then asked to identify and explain these errors, and their responses are recorded and analyzed by researchers.

3. What are the potential benefits of the "Help What's wrong with this picture?" experiment?

This experiment can contribute to our understanding of how the human brain processes visual information and how we make sense of our surroundings. It can also help identify any common errors or biases in our perception, which can have practical applications in fields such as design, advertising, and education.

4. Are there any ethical concerns surrounding the "Help What's wrong with this picture?" experiment?

As with any research involving human participants, ethical considerations must be taken into account. These may include obtaining informed consent, protecting participant confidentiality, and minimizing potential harm or discomfort. Researchers must also ensure that the experiment is conducted in an unbiased and fair manner.

5. What are the limitations of the "Help What's wrong with this picture?" experiment?

While this experiment can provide valuable insights into human perception, it may not always reflect real-life situations accurately. The controlled nature of the experiment may also limit the generalizability of the findings. Additionally, individual differences in perception and other factors such as cultural background may impact the results.