Help TI-84 CONICS App is Giving Trig Formulas

In summary, The TI-84 CONICS app is designed to convert equations in standard form to trigonometric form. This is because trigonometric form is better suited for graphing and analyzing conic sections. You can change the output format of the equations generated by the app by going to the settings and selecting the desired format. The accuracy of the formulas depends on the precision settings and input values, so it is recommended to double-check the equations for accuracy. The trigonometric formulas can be converted back to standard form using the inverse function of the app, but the accuracy may vary depending on the precision settings. The app can handle all types of conic sections, but the precision settings may need to be adjusted for more complex equations.
kstrickland06
TI-84 HELP!
The formulas under the CONICS app keeps converting into trig... It saying a circle is
x=rcos(T) + H instead of (x-h)^2 + (y-k)^2 = r^2
How do I get the 'normal' formulas back?
PLEASE HELP!

Computer science news on Phys.org
Try hitting MODE, and make sure that FUNC is highlighted?

Related to Help TI-84 CONICS App is Giving Trig Formulas

1. Why is my TI-84 CONICS app giving me trigonometric formulas instead of standard form equations?

The TI-84 CONICS app is designed to convert equations in standard form to trigonometric form. This is because trigonometric form is better suited for graphing and analyzing conic sections.

2. Can I change the output format of the equations generated by the TI-84 CONICS app?

Yes, you can change the output format by going to the settings of the app and selecting the desired output format.

3. How accurate are the trigonometric formulas generated by the TI-84 CONICS app?

The accuracy of the formulas depends on the accuracy of the input values and the precision settings of the app. It is recommended to double-check the equations generated by the app to ensure accuracy.

4. Is there a way to convert the trigonometric formulas back to standard form?

Yes, you can convert the trigonometric formulas back to standard form by using the inverse function of the app. However, keep in mind that the accuracy may vary depending on the precision settings.

5. Can I use the TI-84 CONICS app for all types of conic sections?

Yes, the app can handle all types of conic sections, including circles, ellipses, hyperbolas, and parabolas. However, the precision settings may need to be adjusted for more complex equations.