Help Solving Precalculus Homework Problems

Since 3= 1.732... < 2, \sqrt{3}/2= 0.866...< 1. Since 0.866... is between 0 and 1, there does exist an angle, call it x, in the first quadrant such that sin(x)= \sqrt{3}/2. That is, x= 30 degrees. Since sin(x)= sin(180- x) and cos(x)= sqrt(1- sin^2(x)), cos(30)= cos(150)= -1/2. That is, x= 150 degrees. Since cos(x)= cos(360- x), cos(30)= cos(330)= 1/
doodlebug003
I need help with how to solve these problems on my homework. If you don't know how to do them all then just write the number of the one you know. Thanks so much.

1. arcsin(√3 / 2)=
2. sin^-1(- √2 / 2)=
3. arcos(- 1/2)=
4. tan^-1(√3 / 3)=
5. sin(arctan 3/ 4)=
6. If the sun is 30degrees above the horizon, find the length of a shadow cast by a silo that is 60 feet tall.

Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to PF!

Hi doodlebug003! Welcome to PF! :wink:

Show us what you've tried, and where you're stuck, and then we'll know how to help.

Start with 1. and 2. :smile:

1. arcsin(√3 / 2)=
assclown said:
there is no arcsine for number 1. Domain of arc sine -1,1

:smile: :smile: :smile:

get some sleep! :zzz:​

assclown said:
there is no arcsine for number 1. Domain of arc sine -1,1
Since 3< 4, [itex]\sqrt{3}< 2[/itex] and [itex]\sqrt{3}/2< 1[/itex].

Related to Help Solving Precalculus Homework Problems

1. How do I approach solving precalculus homework problems?

To solve precalculus homework problems, it is important to first understand the concepts and formulas involved. Make sure to review your class notes and textbook before attempting to solve the problems. Break down the problem into smaller, manageable steps and use examples to guide your thinking. Don't be afraid to ask for help from your teacher or peers if you get stuck.

2. Can I use a calculator to solve precalculus homework problems?

Yes, you can use a calculator to solve precalculus homework problems. However, it is important to use it as a tool to aid in your understanding rather than solely relying on it. Make sure to show your work and explain your thought process when using a calculator to solve problems.

3. How can I check my answers for precalculus homework problems?

One way to check your answers for precalculus homework problems is to use online resources such as math problem solvers or answer keys provided by your textbook. Another way is to go through the problem again and check your work step by step to see if you arrived at the correct answer.

4. What are some common mistakes to avoid when solving precalculus homework problems?

Some common mistakes to avoid when solving precalculus homework problems include not following the correct order of operations, misinterpreting the problem, and making careless errors. It is also important to double check your work and ensure that your answers make sense in the context of the problem.

5. How can I improve my problem-solving skills for precalculus homework?

To improve your problem-solving skills for precalculus homework, practice is key. Make sure to review and understand the concepts before attempting to solve problems. Start with simpler problems and gradually work your way up to more complex ones. Also, seek help from your teacher or peers when needed and try to understand their thought processes when solving problems.