How Do Convex Mirrors Affect Image Location and Size?

• Thread starter MoreZitiPlease
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Exam Review
In summary, the conversation discusses the use of a convex mirror to find the location and size of a woman's image, with a given radius of curvature and distance between the mirror and the woman. It also mentions the need to find the index of refraction of a material, with the speed of light in the material provided. The solution for the first problem is provided, while the second problem suggests looking for the information on a given website.
MoreZitiPlease

Homework Statement

A woman of height 1.7 meters stands directly in front of a convex mirror 2.0 meters away. The mirror has a radius of curvature, R=-50cm. Find the location and size of a woman's image using the ray diagram and mirror/lens equation.

----------

2. The speed of light in a material is 2.50x10^8 meters per second. What is the index of refraction of the material?

Homework Equations

The Attempt at a Solution

1. di=22.22

2. Dont know

Physics news on Phys.org
why don't you look in your book for "index of refraction" and see what it says?

This website has the information you need:

http://www.sasked.gov.sk.ca/docs/physics/u3a22phy.html

Last edited by a moderator:
Is number 1 right?

I got 1.2 for 2

Related to How Do Convex Mirrors Affect Image Location and Size?

1. What is the best way to study for an exam?

The best way to study for an exam is to start early and review the material regularly. It's also helpful to create study guides, practice with past exams, and work with a study group.

2. How can I improve my memory for the exam?

Some ways to improve memory for an exam include using mnemonic devices, practicing active recall, and getting enough sleep. Additionally, taking breaks during studying can help improve retention of information.

3. What should I do the night before the exam?

The night before the exam, it's important to get a good night's sleep, eat a healthy meal, and avoid cramming. It can also be helpful to review key concepts and go over any notes or study materials.

4. How can I stay focused while studying?

To stay focused while studying, try breaking up study sessions into smaller chunks of time with breaks in between. It can also be helpful to eliminate distractions, such as turning off your phone or finding a quiet study space.

5. What if I don't understand a concept on the exam?

If you don't understand a concept on the exam, don't panic. Try to work through the problem or question on your own, and if you're still stuck, don't be afraid to ask for help from a teacher or tutor. Remember to stay calm and focus on the material you do know.