Help me please to use my infrared heater the most effectively

In summary, the conversation discusses the use of an IR heater to heat a room. The person has placed the heater near a wardrobe and a washbasin, but has not felt much warmth. They mention that the heater is 1kW and they are looking for more efficient ways to heat the room. Another person suggests pointing the heater at what they want to be heated. The conversation also briefly touches on the efficiency of heaters and the brand of the IR heater being used.
Xcislav
Hello! I've got an IR heater
http://roxi.ru/media/user/1243/img_11940_940x720.jpg

I've put against the wardrobe in a distance of 2 meters for I want to heat all it's surface. But for an hour of heating I don't feel heating of it's surface.

Also I have put my washbasin with water in front of IR heater. Water in basin is still slightly warm.

Last edited by a moderator:
Science news on Phys.org
How many watts is it and why are you trying to heat your wardrobe with it?

1kwatt (0.5k+0.5k spirals). I am trying to heat my room by the surface of big wardrobe (surface 1.7m height 2m long)
I'm looking for another better ways to heat my room with IR.

Last edited:
How big of a room is it and how cold is it outside? 1 kW isn't all that much to heat a room.

I thought infraread heaters were meant to heat yourself. Anything else will be terribly
inefficient.

Aren't all heaters 100% efficient?

I'd suggest pointing the heater at what you want to be warm...

Yes, all electric resistance heaters are 100% efficient in their output of heat and as long as the heat isn't radiated through a window, all will end up in the room. And yes it is a more efficient usage of that outputted heat to point the heater at what you want heated (as you suggested).

What's it brand? I have Edenoure Infrared heater unit and so far so good, I don't find any problem like your complain above...

Thank you

_____
http://www.moreheaters.com/infrared-heater"

Last edited by a moderator:
reasonableman said:
Aren't all heaters 100% efficient?

I'd suggest pointing the heater at what you want to be warm...

100% efficient. you mean Pin=Pout? Put 1KW of electric power and get 1KW heat. I am sure this is wrong interpretation. can you explain 100% in what way.

Related to Help me please to use my infrared heater the most effectively

1. How do I determine the ideal placement for my infrared heater?

The ideal placement for an infrared heater is in a location where it can evenly distribute heat throughout the room. It is best to place the heater in a central location, away from any obstacles that may block the heat, such as furniture or curtains. Additionally, make sure the heater is not placed near any combustible materials for safety reasons.

2. Can I use my infrared heater in a large, open space?

Yes, infrared heaters can be used in large, open spaces. However, it is important to note that infrared heaters are designed to provide targeted heat to a specific area rather than heating an entire room. In larger spaces, multiple heaters may be needed to effectively heat the entire area.

3. How long should I run my infrared heater for?

The length of time you should run your infrared heater depends on the size of the room and the temperature outside. It is recommended to start with a lower setting and gradually increase the temperature until you reach your desired level of warmth. It is also important to monitor the room temperature and turn off the heater when it reaches the desired level to avoid wasting energy.

4. Can I leave my infrared heater on overnight?

It is not recommended to leave your infrared heater on overnight while you sleep. It is important to follow the manufacturer's instructions for safe operation and to avoid any potential fire hazards. Additionally, running the heater for extended periods of time can also increase your energy bill.

5. How can I maintain my infrared heater for optimal effectiveness?

To maintain the optimal effectiveness of your infrared heater, it is important to regularly clean the heater's heating elements and ensure they are free of dust and debris. It is also recommended to check the heater's air filters and replace them if they are dirty. Additionally, make sure to keep the surrounding area clean and free of any obstructions to allow for proper heating.