Help me find the inverse Z transform. Thanks

In summary, the speaker is asking for help with finding the inverse z transform of a given signal. They have attempted to solve it by considering the original function and its z transform, but are unsure of what to do next. They are seeking further guidance from others.
MiZZiTDK
Hi guys! I am having a problem in finding the inverse z transform of the given signal. Can anyone help me? I'd appreciate it. Thanks!

Here is basically what I did:
FegEiNi.png

However, I don't know what to do next. What is the next thing to do? Thanks!

Physics news on Phys.org
MiZZiTDK said:
Hi guys! I am having a problem in finding the inverse z transform of the given signal. Can anyone help me? I'd appreciate it. Thanks!

Here is basically what I did:
FegEiNi.png

However, I don't know what to do next. What is the next thing to do? Thanks!
Been a while for me, but might look at:
starting with the original F(z), consider
z → z /3
Then look at the z transform for f[n] = [n2]
and finally realize z-1F(z) ↔ f[n-1]u[n-1].

Last edited:

Related to Help me find the inverse Z transform. Thanks

1. What is the inverse Z transform?

The inverse Z transform is a mathematical operation that converts a given function in the Z domain back into the time domain. It is the counterpart of the Z transform, which converts a time-domain signal into the Z domain.

2. Why is finding the inverse Z transform important?

The inverse Z transform is important because it allows us to analyze and understand discrete-time signals and systems. It is also used to design digital filters and control systems.

3. How is the inverse Z transform calculated?

The inverse Z transform can be calculated using various methods, such as partial fraction expansion, power series expansion, and contour integration. The method used depends on the complexity of the function in the Z domain.

4. What are the common properties of the inverse Z transform?

Some common properties of the inverse Z transform include linearity, time shifting, scaling, and convolution. These properties are similar to those of the inverse Laplace transform in the continuous-time domain.

5. Is there a specific formula for the inverse Z transform?

No, there is no single formula for the inverse Z transform. The method used to calculate it depends on the specific function in the Z domain. However, there are tables and software programs available that can help with the calculation.