Help me find a couple of good articles

In summary, the conversation is about finding an article on the topic of "weird stuff" in modern physics. However, the group prefers to discuss specific problems in quantum physics and suggests looking into Einstein's "Annus Mirabilis" for general reviews on current issues in physics and cosmology. The group also advises the person to narrow down their topic and ask for specific directions.
sweetvirgogirl
can you please help me find a good article on all that weird stuff in modern physics? the article can be specific or general ... it doesn't really matter as long as it pertains to modern physics

Physics news on Phys.org
Sorry, Virgo girl:
Your question is a bit too general for this group. They like to discuss specific problems in quantum physics here.

However, since 2005 is the anniversary of Einstein's most celebrated work (papers), you might try looking on various sites for what people refer to as Einstein's 'Annus Mirabilis'. Many articles on this are general review and refer to the current issues in physics and cosmology.

svg:

I think we've already addressed this earlier in a different thread: your request is overly broad. This "weird stuff in modern physics" covers probably a century of developments, from Einstein papers (this would make an excellent topic) to all sorts of "weird" things that get used in household appliances (the development of a theory for semiconductors, for instance). You need to figure out in more detail what you want to do, then come back and ask us for directions.

Related to Help me find a couple of good articles

1. What makes an article "good"?

A good article is one that is well-researched, well-written, and provides valuable and relevant information on the topic. It should also be from a reputable source and have clear and logical arguments.

2. How should I go about finding good articles?

There are several ways to find good articles. You can search online through databases, such as Google Scholar or JSTOR, and use specific keywords related to your topic. You can also ask your peers or professors for recommendations or consult with a librarian for assistance.

3. Are there any specific criteria I should look for in an article?

Yes, there are several criteria to consider when evaluating the quality of an article. These include the author's credentials and expertise, the publication date, the journal or website it is published on, and the presence of citations and references. It is also important to critically assess the objectivity and bias of the article.

4. Can I use any article I find, or are there restrictions?

It is important to ensure that the articles you use are from reputable sources and have been properly cited. Depending on your field of study, there may also be certain guidelines or restrictions on the types of sources that are acceptable for use in academic research. It is best to consult with your professor or refer to your institution's guidelines for more information.

5. How many articles do I need for my research?

The number of articles you need will vary depending on your research topic, the depth of your analysis, and the requirements of your assignment or project. It is generally recommended to use a variety of sources and to critically evaluate the information provided in each article. It is always better to have more sources than necessary, as this can help strengthen your argument and provide a well-rounded perspective on the topic.