Help: Looking for Gas property software

In summary: It can also handle multiphase calculations.In summary, users are looking for a gas property software for turbine/expander applications that can handle mixtures. The basic requirements for the tool include inputs of inlet pressure, inlet temperature, discharge pressure, mass flow, process components & compositions and outputs of isentropic head, density at inlet, density at outlet, liquid at inlet, liquid at outlet, Z, cp, cv, etc. The recommended software options are REFPROP, which is a paid database with a .dll for use in Excel or VB, and engineering equation solver (EES), which has a student version available online and can handle multiphase calculations. Both options can handle mixtures and require some programming.
organic168
I'm looking for a gas property software which is used for turbine/expander. Below are the basic requirements for the tool:

Inputs:
Inlet pressure, inlet temperature, discharge pressure, mass flow, process components & compositions.

Outputs:
Isentropic head, density at inlet, density at outlet, liquid at inlet, liquid at outlet, Z, cp, cv…etc

Equation: SRK, Peng-Robinson, BWR, LK

Does anyone have any idea if there’s a tool which is good for nature gas applications?
Thanks

Engineering news on Phys.org
organic168 said:
I'm looking for a gas property software which is used for turbine/expander. Below are the basic requirements for the tool:

Inputs:
Inlet pressure, inlet temperature, discharge pressure, mass flow, process components & compositions.

Outputs:
Isentropic head, density at inlet, density at outlet, liquid at inlet, liquid at outlet, Z, cp, cv…etc

Equation: SRK, Peng-Robinson, BWR, LK

Does anyone have any idea if there’s a tool which is good for nature gas applications?
Thanks

If you want gas property software, then REFPROP from NIST is a good database. It comes with a .dll you can use in Excel or VB (I think C++ too). It cost about $200 bucks. Version 8 includes a good library on hydrocarbons.

CS

thanks, but I forgot to mention that I need mixture. NIST is for pure gas. It calculates each state points, still requires some programming.

organic168 said:
thanks, but I forgot to mention that I need mixture. NIST is for pure gas. It calculates each state points, still requires some programming.

No, it can do mixtures too. For example, I used it to find properties for Natural Gas based on a typical sample.

CS

you can try engineering equation solver(EES). Its up there on net as a student version.

Related to Help: Looking for Gas property software

1. What is gas property software?

Gas property software is a type of computer program that is specifically designed to analyze and manage data related to the physical and chemical properties of gases. It is often used by scientists and engineers in various industries to model and predict the behavior of gases under different conditions.

2. How does gas property software work?

Gas property software works by inputting data such as gas composition, temperature, pressure, and other relevant variables into mathematical models and algorithms. These models and algorithms use equations and calculations based on principles of thermodynamics and fluid mechanics to generate results and predictions of gas behavior.

3. What are the benefits of using gas property software?

One of the main benefits of using gas property software is that it allows for accurate and efficient analysis of gas properties, which can be challenging and time-consuming to calculate manually. It also allows for the visualization of gas behavior, making it easier to understand and interpret data. Additionally, gas property software can help optimize processes and improve efficiency in industries such as oil and gas, chemical engineering, and environmental science.

4. Are there different types of gas property software?

Yes, there are various types of gas property software available, each with its own specific features and capabilities. Some software may focus on specific types of gases or industries, while others may have a broader range of applications. Some examples of popular gas property software include Aspen HYSYS, Prode Properties, and ChemCAD.

5. How can I choose the right gas property software for my needs?

Choosing the right gas property software will depend on your specific needs and requirements. It is essential to research and compare different options to see which one offers the features and capabilities that align with your goals. It may also be helpful to consult with other scientists or engineers in your field to see what software they recommend and why.