Help in Motion in Two Dimensions (Physics)

In summary, the first five questions ask for information that the person doesn't know, while the last question asks for information that the person needs to solve the rest of the problems.
Libos
I need help in seven exercises of physics, I just don't know what do... I'd like you to do one or more exercises with it's process so that I can analyze somehow the process and learn how do to it, I have an exam tomorrow and I have to study.. here are the problems:

1) An artillery shell is fired with an initial velocity of 300 m/s at 55.0° above the horizontal. To clear an avalanche, it explodes on a mountainside 42.0 seconds after firing. What are the x- and y- coordinates of the shell where it explodes, relative to its firing point? (I don't have any idea of that topic of coordinates, I don't know If I have to graph or something).

2) A placekicker must kick a Football from a point 36.0m (about 39 yd) from the goal, and the ball must clear the crossbar, which is 3.05 m high. When kicked, the ball leaves the ground with a velocity of 20.0m/s at an angle of 53° to the horizontal. (a) By how much does the ball clear or fall short of clearing the crossbar? (b) Does the ball approach the crossbar while still rising or while falling?

3) A fireman 50.0 m away from a burning building directs a stream of water from a ground-level fire hose at an angle of 30.0° above the horizontal. If the speed of the stream as it leaves the hose is 40.0 m/s, at what height will the stream of water strike the building?

4) A projectile is launched with an initial speed of 60.0 m/s at an angle of 30.0° above the horizontal. The projectile lands on a hillside 4.00 seconds later. Neglect air friction. (a) What is the projectile's velocity at the highest point of its trajectory? <Ans: 52.0 m/s horizontally> (b) What is the straight-line distance from where the projectile was launched to where it hits its target? <Ans: 212 m> (Answers where in the book but I need the process <3)

5) A soccer player kicks a rock horizontally off a 44.0-m-high cliff into a pool of water. If the player hears the sound of the splash 3.00 seconds later, what was the initial speed given to the rock? Assume the speed of sound in air to be 343 m/s.

6) A boy and a girl are tossing an apple back and forth between them. The apple is moving from left to right. Five points are marked on the path. Ignore air resistance. (a) At each of the five points draw an arrow that indicates that magnitude and direction of the apple's velocity when it passes through that point. (b) Make a second copy of the figure. This time, at each point, place an arrow indicating the magnitude and direction of any acceleration the apple exhibits at that point. <Here, I just need a brief explanation of what are those magnitudes and accelerations.)

7) A ball is thrown straight upward and returns to the thrower's hand after 3.00 seconds in the air. A second ball is thrown at an angle of 30.0° with the horizontal. At what speed must the second ball be thrown so that it reaches the same height as the one thrown vertically?

I repeat, from the first 5 questions, I need one or more so that I can use as a guide to solve the rest, because I have no I dea of what to do. And from the 2 last, I need the last one if you want because I don't know what to do. I'm sorry if I look like a retard asking so much, but I really need help :(

OR

Could you please give me the formulas to solve the given problems? Or make me know hwat's the data I need to find? Because I just don't have any idea of how to start in any of the problems :(

Thank you very much!

Physics news on Phys.org
Ok Thank you, I've achieved to do some problems, I'm missing number 5 and number 7 :/

Related to Help in Motion in Two Dimensions (Physics)

1. What is motion in two dimensions in physics?

Motion in two dimensions in physics refers to the movement of an object in a two-dimensional space, such as up and down or left and right. It takes into account both the magnitude and direction of the object's motion.

2. How is motion in two dimensions different from one dimension?

Motion in one dimension only considers movement along a single line, while motion in two dimensions takes into account movement in two perpendicular directions. This means that the object's position is described by two coordinates instead of one.

3. What is the formula for calculating velocity in two dimensions?

The formula for calculating velocity in two dimensions is v = √(vx² + vy²), where vx and vy are the velocities in the x and y directions respectively. This is known as the Pythagorean theorem for velocity.

4. How does acceleration affect motion in two dimensions?

Acceleration in two dimensions can change the magnitude and/or direction of an object's velocity. This can result in curved or circular motion, as well as changes in speed and direction.

5. What are some real-world examples of motion in two dimensions?

Some examples of motion in two dimensions include a ball being thrown through the air, a car driving around a curved track, and a plane flying in the sky. These all involve motion in both the horizontal and vertical directions.