Help in latex in writing a report

In summary, the person is asking for help on how to include footnotes in a report written with latex. They specifically want to know how to use different symbols for two out of five authors. The response suggests checking the class file being used and the \footnote command within the \author environment, as it may already produce a symbol and footnote in some class files.
Rajini
Hello PF members,
I need a small help in latex in writing a report!
How to include footnotes (in the form of symbol!).
For e.g., i have 5 authors..for all these 5 authors i can use $^1$, $^2$, etc as author's address. I mean all are just numbers..
Now for 2 of the 5 authors i want add footnotes as symbols. That means 2 different symbols..
Can anyone help how to do this in latex...

thanks

Physics news on Phys.org

What class file are you using? What does \footnote in the \author environment do? In some class files (e.g. revtex) that produces a symbol and a footnote.

Hi,
i am using the template from a journal
thanks

Related to Help in latex in writing a report

1. What is LaTeX and why is it useful for writing reports?

LaTeX is a typesetting system that allows for the creation of professional and high-quality documents, such as reports, with complex mathematical equations and symbols. It is useful for writing reports because it provides precise control over formatting and allows for easy collaboration with others.

2. How do I get started with using LaTeX for writing reports?

To get started with using LaTeX, you will need to download a distribution such as TeX Live or MiKTeX, which will include the necessary software to compile your document. You can then use a text editor or an integrated development environment (IDE) such as Overleaf to write and compile your report.

3. Are there any specific packages or templates that I should use for writing reports in LaTeX?

Yes, there are several packages and templates available specifically for writing reports in LaTeX. Some popular ones include article, report, and IEEEtran. You can also find templates for specific types of reports, such as lab reports or research papers.

4. Can I include images and graphs in my report written in LaTeX?

Yes, you can include images and graphs in your report written in LaTeX. You will need to use the graphicx package to insert images and the tikz package for creating graphs. Make sure to also specify the correct file path and format for your images and graphs in your LaTeX document.

5. How can I ensure that my report written in LaTeX is free of errors and properly formatted?

You can use a tool such as LaTeX online editors or local editors to check for errors and ensure proper formatting of your report. These tools will also provide suggestions for improving the quality and readability of your document. Additionally, you can seek feedback from others who are familiar with LaTeX to ensure the accuracy and clarity of your report.