Help How to change profile picture?

• Thread starter Naseem Yakub
  • Start date
In summary, to change your profile picture, go to your profile settings and click on the option to edit your profile picture. From there, you can choose to upload a new image or select one from your existing photos. Make sure to save your changes before exiting the settings menu.
Naseem Yakub
How can i change the profile picture ? Tell me please!

Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to PF!

I think you have to become a gold member to get that feature.

https://www.physicsforums.com/account/upgrades

jedishrfu said:
I think you have to become a gold member to get that feature.

That restriction was removed some time ago.

To change your avatar (profile picture), click on "My PF" at the top of any page, then choose "Avatar" from the drop-down menu.

[added] This is for the web site, as seen in a web browser. If you're using the app, I don't know how to do it there because I don't use the app.

And Naseeb, in the future you can help us help you by saying something about what your question is about, in the title of your post, instead of simply "Help!" I have edited the title for you, just this once.

Last edited:
Likes jedishrfu

Related to Help How to change profile picture?

1. What is a profile picture?

A profile picture is an image that represents an individual or organization on a social media platform or website. It is usually a small, square-shaped image that appears next to a user's name or username.

2. How do I change my profile picture?

To change your profile picture, you will need to go to your account settings or profile page on the specific social media platform or website. From there, you can upload a new image or choose one from your existing photos.

3. What are the recommended dimensions for a profile picture?

The recommended dimensions for a profile picture vary depending on the platform or website. Generally, a square image with dimensions of at least 400x400 pixels is a good size for most platforms.

4. Can I use any image as my profile picture?

It is important to check the terms of use and community guidelines of the platform or website before choosing a profile picture. Some platforms have restrictions on the type of images that can be used, such as no nudity or copyrighted material.

5. How often should I change my profile picture?

There is no specific rule on how often you should change your profile picture. Some people prefer to keep the same picture for a long time, while others like to update it more frequently. It ultimately depends on your personal preference and the purpose of your profile.