Help for IIT JEE Exams 2004: Physics Study Tips

• Thread starter amits
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Exams
In summary, the individual is struggling with studying physics for the upcoming IIT JEE exams in 2004 and is seeking advice on how to study. They mention their weak points and ask for tips and recommendations on books to use, with Resnik Halliday being a popular choice.
amits
no matter how hard i try, but i am not able to study physics.

i have the IIT JEE exams in 2004, and my physics isn't even to the basic level.

can anybody help me on how to study physics [?]

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Post ur Questions here with your Try We will try to help out where u went wrong and so on

Pls Mention your Weak Points too where u are finding difficulty

Last edited:
There are lots of Proffesional out here to help out on your problems and doubts only if you have given ur attempt You are knew so pls visit

https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=28

himanshu,

thanks for ur reply. i c the rules of this forum. what i want to know was some tips on how to study physics.

also what books u used to study physics ? HC Verma ? SL Gupta ? Resnick-Halliday ? Interactive Physics ? or any other

I used the selected portions from various books
Resnik Halliday was the pick Though Interactive Physics is practically application of the concepts u learn in Resnik.

So i believe u study Resnik+HC Verma+Irodov

Related to Help for IIT JEE Exams 2004: Physics Study Tips

1. What topics should I focus on for the IIT JEE Physics exam?

The topics that you should focus on for the IIT JEE Physics exam include mechanics, electromagnetism, thermodynamics, optics, and modern physics. It is important to have a strong understanding of these topics as they form the basis of most questions on the exam.

2. How should I prepare for the IIT JEE Physics exam?

To prepare for the IIT JEE Physics exam, it is important to create a study schedule and stick to it. Make sure to cover all the topics thoroughly and practice solving different types of problems. Also, refer to previous years' question papers to get an idea of the exam pattern and types of questions asked.

3. What are some effective study tips for IIT JEE Physics?

Some effective study tips for IIT JEE Physics include understanding the concepts rather than just memorizing them, practicing with different types of questions, and regularly revising the topics. It is also helpful to discuss difficult topics with peers or teachers and seek their guidance.

4. How can I improve my problem-solving skills for the IIT JEE Physics exam?

To improve your problem-solving skills for the IIT JEE Physics exam, it is important to practice regularly and solve a variety of problems. Start with basic problems and gradually move on to more complex ones. Also, make sure to understand the concepts behind each problem and not just memorize the solutions.

5. What are some common mistakes to avoid during the IIT JEE Physics exam?

Some common mistakes to avoid during the IIT JEE Physics exam include not reading the questions carefully, not managing time effectively, and not showing proper steps in the solutions. It is important to remain calm and focused during the exam and avoid making silly mistakes. Also, make sure to double-check your answers before submitting the paper.