Help for Communication simulation in MATLAB.

In summary, the individual is seeking help with simulating OFDM using 16-bit QAM in Simulink. They are facing difficulties with generating and splitting digital signals, but have been able to simulate analog signals in MATLAB. They have found a solution involving a Random Integer Generator and Integer to Bit Converter. They also have a new question about the role of the "Conjugate function" in the "Math functions" block in Communication simulation. They plan to continue trying and may come back with more inquiries.

Which microcontroller can interface the maximum devices?

• ATMEGA-16

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ATMEGA-32

• PIC

• ARM

• Total voters
therash09

Homework Statement

I want to simulate OFDM using 16-bit QAM in Simulink. The main problem that I'm facing is regarding generation of digital signals and splitting a digital signal into two or more data streams, as we require in OFDM.

Homework Equations

The Attempt at a Solution

I have tried my bit. I have been able to simulate Analog signals, but digital signals are proving problematic for me.

Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to PhysicsForums!

Unfortunately, I can't help you with your main posting (I've also reported it to the Mods in the hope that it might be moved to the actual EE or CS forum, where it may find a wider audience). As far as the poll question goes, I think it's rather subjective: are we talking types of devices, different communications modes, maximum linked devices utilizing a certain communications scheme, etc.?

MATLABdude said:
Welcome to PhysicsForums!

Unfortunately, I can't help you with your main posting (I've also reported it to the Mods in the hope that it might be moved to the actual EE or CS forum, where it may find a wider audience). As far as the poll question goes, I think it's rather subjective: are we talking types of devices, different communications modes, maximum linked devices utilizing a certain communications scheme, etc.?

Thread moved to EE for now.

Welcome to the PF therash09. Can you show us the results of the simulations that you've done so far?

How can I show the results to you?

I have been able to simulate Analog Signals in MATLAB.
But Digital signals proved problematic for me.
However now I have got the technique.

The solution is:
Random Integer Generator, followed by Integer to Bit Converter.
Thankyou all who replied.

Now I have a new doubt. What is the role of "Conjugate function" in "Math functions" block in Communication simulation?

Rest, I'll keep trying and get back wth new doubts, if any!

I would appreciate any help or guidance on how to generate and split digital signals in Simulink for my OFDM simulation.

Dear student,

Thank you for reaching out for help with your OFDM simulation in Simulink. Generating and splitting digital signals can be a challenging task, but with the right approach and tools, it can be accomplished successfully.

Firstly, I recommend familiarizing yourself with the Simulink blocks and functions related to digital signal processing. This will give you a better understanding of how to generate and manipulate digital signals in your simulation. You can also refer to the Simulink documentation and online tutorials for further assistance.

To generate digital signals, you can use the "Signal Generator" block in Simulink. This block allows you to specify the type of signal, such as sine, square, or sawtooth, as well as the frequency and amplitude. You can also use the "From Workspace" block to import digital signals from external files.

To split a digital signal into multiple data streams, you can use the "Demux" block in Simulink. This block allows you to specify the number of output streams and the order in which the data is split. You can also use the "Selector" block to select specific bits from a digital signal for each output stream.

I hope this helps you in your simulation. If you require further assistance, please do not hesitate to reach out. Best of luck with your project!

Sincerely,

Scientist

Related to Help for Communication simulation in MATLAB.

1. What is MATLAB and why is it useful for communication simulation?

MATLAB is a programming language and environment commonly used in scientific and engineering fields. It is useful for communication simulation because it has powerful tools for creating and manipulating data, as well as built-in functions for signal processing and analysis.

2. How do I get started with communication simulation in MATLAB?

To get started with communication simulation in MATLAB, you can begin by familiarizing yourself with the basics of the MATLAB programming language and its syntax. Then, you can explore the built-in functions and toolboxes specifically designed for communication simulation, such as the Communications Toolbox and the Signal Processing Toolbox.

3. Can I visualize communication simulation results in MATLAB?

Yes, MATLAB has a variety of visualization tools that can be used to display and analyze communication simulation results. This includes plotting functions, 3D visualization tools, and interactive GUIs.

4. Are there any resources available for learning more about communication simulation in MATLAB?

Yes, MATLAB has a comprehensive documentation library, online tutorials, and user forums where you can find helpful resources and tips for communication simulation. Additionally, many universities and organizations offer workshops and courses on using MATLAB for communication simulation.

5. Can I integrate other programming languages or tools with MATLAB for communication simulation?

Yes, MATLAB supports integration with other programming languages and tools through its Application Programming Interface (API). This allows you to combine the strengths of different languages and tools for more advanced and customized communication simulations.