Help finding an article physics related

In summary, to earn extra credit in physics, you can submit two articles from the past three months with a page summary. It may be difficult to find physical magazines, but there are many online sources such as Scientific American, Science Daily, and NASA that offer a variety of news articles on physics. Google News is also a useful tool for finding physics-related articles.
Novus Dakota
So, for extra credit in my physics, i can submit 2 articles that are physics related and published within the previous three months with a page summary but i don't know what magazines i can find some. I don't think i can get them off the net so this is going to be hard because i don't have physics weekly magazines lying around =/

Physics news on Phys.org
try your local reference library for physics magazines, you'll be suprised how many there are. My favourite is Scientific American.

SA has some full-length articles online. For instance: http://www.sciam.com/article.cfm?chanID=sa006&colID=1&articleID=000CCC72-2AED-1264-980683414B7F0000
You may want longer, more in-depth articles, but there are lots of places to find physics news articles online, for instance:
http://www.sciencedaily.com/directory/Science/Physics
NASA has rather short but usually very interesting news articles
http://science.nasa.gov/headlines/news_archive.htm
And I would check around the rest of NASA's site- it's huge.

Last edited by a moderator:

Related to Help finding an article physics related

1. How do I find articles related to a specific topic in physics?

One way to find articles related to a specific topic in physics is to use a search engine such as Google Scholar or PubMed. These search engines allow you to enter keywords related to your topic and will provide a list of relevant articles. You can also search through academic databases, such as JSTOR or ScienceDirect, which contain a large collection of scholarly articles in the field of physics.

2. Can I access articles for free?

Some articles may be available for free through open access journals or pre-print repositories. You can also check if your institution has a subscription to the journal or database where the article is published, as this may give you access to the full text. If you are unable to access the article for free, you can request it through interlibrary loan or ask a colleague who has access to share it with you.

3. How do I know if an article is reliable?

To determine the reliability of an article, you should consider the source it was published in, the author's credentials, and whether the article has been peer-reviewed. It is also helpful to look at the references cited in the article to see if they are from reputable sources. If you are unsure about the reliability of an article, you can consult with a librarian or a subject matter expert in the field of physics.

4. Is there a way to filter my search results to only show articles from reputable sources?

Most search engines and academic databases have advanced search options that allow you to filter your results by source type. You can choose to only see articles from peer-reviewed journals or limit your results to articles published in reputable sources. This can help ensure that your search results are from reliable sources.

5. Can I find articles in languages other than English?

Yes, you can find articles in languages other than English by using advanced search options or filters in search engines and academic databases. You can also search through international databases, such as Scopus or Web of Science, which include articles from a variety of languages. Additionally, some journals may offer translations of their articles or have versions available in multiple languages.