Help Deciding on Spring Classes

In summary, the conversation discusses the feasibility of taking multiple challenging courses simultaneously, specifically Physics with Calculus 2, Calculus 3, Differential Equations, and Linear Algebra. While it is possible to achieve A's in all of these courses, it ultimately depends on the individual's situation and work habits. Skipping Linear Algebra is not recommended as it may be beneficial for understanding other courses.
Engineer1990
I am currently taking physics with cal 1 and cal 2 at the same time. It's a lot of work but I may come out of both with A's. I made an A in Cal 1 and seem to understand the math pretty easily. So my question is do you think it's feasible to take Physics with Cal 2, Cal 3, Differential Equations and Linear Algebra at the same time and be able to make A's next semester? Or should I just take Cal 3, Physics with Cal 2, and Differential Eq.? Thanks ahead of time.

Physics news on Phys.org
People would be guessing if they were to answer. There are too many variables and we don't know you. Overall the load seems pretty heavy though.

Like Greg says, answering would be a matter of speculation, but this term I'm taking a similar course load to your proposed one (Physics w/ Calc II, Calculus III, Linear Algebra, and Java I) and I'd say getting A's is definitely doable, but in reality it's all up to you and your situation (habits, extracurricular responsibilities, professors, etc). You should know the answer better than anyone else.

I would definitely advise not skipping Linear Algebra though, as I've found that my Calculus III professor references it a lot, and though I'm taking it concurrently with Calculus III right now, I wish I had taken it before.

Related to Help Deciding on Spring Classes

1. What factors should I consider when choosing my spring classes?

There are several factors to consider when choosing spring classes, such as your major requirements, your interests and strengths, the workload of each class, and your availability. It is important to balance these factors in order to create a manageable and fulfilling schedule.

2. How can I make sure I am on track to graduate on time?

First, consult with your academic advisor to make sure you are fulfilling all of your major and general education requirements. Then, plan out your remaining semesters to ensure you are taking all necessary classes in the appropriate order. Keep track of your progress and make adjustments as needed.

3. What resources are available to help me choose my classes?

Your college or university likely has an academic advising center or department that can assist you in choosing your classes. You can also consult with professors, upperclassmen, and online resources for advice and recommendations.

4. How do I know if a class will be too difficult for me?

Look at the course description, syllabus, and prerequisite requirements to get a sense of the level of difficulty. You can also ask students who have taken the class before for their insights. It is important to challenge yourself, but also to make sure you are not taking on too much at once.

5. What should I do if a class I want to take is full?

If a class you are interested in is full, you can try to get on the waitlist or talk to the professor to see if they can make an exception and allow you to enroll. You can also look for alternative classes that fulfill the same requirement or interest you in a similar way.