Help creating a electronic circuit

In summary, the goal is to create a portable and compact project involving 5 Peltier cooling units run off a battery. The cooling units require 0-15V and 0-9A and the circuit should be able to run continuously for at least an hour. The first step is to determine the total power requirement, which can be calculated by multiplying the voltage and amperage requirements of each unit. Then, the type and size of battery can be determined based on the total power requirement. A lithium-ion battery may be a good option for its small size and high current capabilities. Lastly, the use of electronic controllers to regulate the current must also be considered, potentially requiring multiple controllers or a single controller capable of regulating multiple units
Nagarok
I want to create a project which involves about 5 Peltier cooling units run off a battery.
The problem is, I have no clue what type, or the specifications of the battery.

The cooling units run between 0-15V and 0-9A.

I want this circuit to be able to run at maximum capacity continuously for an hour or longer would be good, but in reality it would probably be using between a fifth to half capacity. I was planning on limiting the circuit using electronic controllers to turn the dc current into a pulse, so one time unit on, four time units off as an example, and increase the pulse time when the need for extra cooling comes into play.

Another note, this should hopefully be portable and compact.
A challenge for you all.

Physics news on Phys.org
The first step in this project would be to determine the total power requirement for the system. This can be calculated by multiplying the voltage and amperage requirements of each Peltier unit. Once you have determined the total power requirement, you can then determine the type and size of battery needed to power the system. For example, if your total power requirement is 135 watts, you would need a battery that can supply at least 10.4 Amps (135W / 13V = 10.4A). Next, you will need to consider the size, weight, and portability of the system. In order to keep the system small and lightweight, you may decide to go with a lithium-ion battery. These types of batteries come in a variety of sizes and capacities, and are capable of delivering high currents. Finally, you will need to consider the electronic controllers that will be used to regulate the current. Depending on the complexity of the circuit, you may need to look into using multiple controllers, or a single controller that is capable of regulating multiple Peltier units simultaneously. By considering all of these factors, you should be able to come up with a suitable solution for your project. Good luck!

Related to Help creating a electronic circuit

1. What are the basic components needed to create an electronic circuit?

The basic components needed to create an electronic circuit are a power source, conductive pathways, and electronic components such as resistors, capacitors, and transistors.

2. How do I choose the right components for my electronic circuit?

The right components for your electronic circuit will depend on the specific function and design of your circuit. It is important to consider factors such as voltage and current requirements, as well as the characteristics of the components themselves, such as capacitance and resistance.

3. How do I connect the components in my electronic circuit?

The components in an electronic circuit can be connected in different ways depending on the desired function. Some common methods include using breadboards, soldering components onto a PCB (printed circuit board), or using wire connections.

4. What tools do I need to create an electronic circuit?

The tools needed to create an electronic circuit will vary depending on the complexity of the circuit and the chosen method of construction. Some basic tools that may be needed include wire cutters, pliers, a soldering iron, and a multimeter for testing and troubleshooting.

5. How can I troubleshoot and fix issues with my electronic circuit?

If your electronic circuit is not functioning properly, there are a few steps you can take to troubleshoot and fix any issues. These include checking for loose connections, testing the components with a multimeter, and double-checking the circuit design and component values. If you are still unable to resolve the issue, it may be helpful to consult an expert or reference materials for troubleshooting tips specific to your circuit.