Experience Easier File Encryption with Winzip 9.0 - Download Now!

• Thread starter Saint
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses the use of winrar and winzip for file compression and encryption. The participant prefers winrar over winzip due to its ability to encrypt files and perform actions that winzip cannot, such as creating solid archives. Winrar also has the option to split files into smaller sizes and create self-extracting executable files. However, the other participant prefers winzip for its user interface and functions. They also mention using winrar only for unzipping files zipped with winrar before re-zipping them with winzip.
Saint
i downloaded it, not bad,
easier to encript files,

you may try it now!

Computer science news on Phys.org
Thanks anyway,

I prefer winrar.

Winzip is more popular.

So far as I'm aware,

Winrar can do everything that winzip can, as well as a number of things that winzip cannot. Winace is pretty sweet too!

winzip allows splitting big zip file,
can winrar do that ?

Yes you can. Here is some info;

If this is already a zip file that contains dozens of small files, then using WinRAR (a shareware program from arlab.com) they can use the Create Solid Archive option that may reduce the file size to allow direct e-mailing. WinRAR's Solid option can substantially improve on the WinZip compression if many files are involved. For example, using the maximum compression with WinZip to compress 41 Word articles written for this column reduced these from 646KB to one 158KB file but using WinRAR with the Solid option reduced this to one 76KB file, almost halving the WinZip file size.

However, the better news is that WinRAR has the ability to automatically split the file into several files of a given size and to create a self-extracting executable file by selecting the SFX option. Then all the recipient has to do is double-click on the .exe file and all will be automatically extracted without the other even needing WinRAR.

Taken from;http://www.theage.com.au/articles/2002/12/16/1039656329988.html

thanks, anyway, I am used to winzip, its user interface is more beautiful, and functions are good enough.
I only use winrar if i want to unzip files that were zipped with winrar, after that i rezip them with winzip.

1. What is Winzip 9.0 and how does it work?

Winzip 9.0 is a file encryption software that allows you to secure and protect your files and folders by encrypting them with a password. It works by compressing your files and encrypting them using AES encryption algorithm, making them difficult to access without the correct password.

2. Is Winzip 9.0 easy to use for beginners?

Yes, Winzip 9.0 has a user-friendly interface and easy-to-follow instructions, making it suitable for beginners. It also has a drag-and-drop feature, making the process of encrypting files even easier.

3. Can I encrypt multiple files at once with Winzip 9.0?

Yes, Winzip 9.0 allows you to encrypt multiple files and folders at once. You can select all the files you want to encrypt and add them to a single zip file, which will then be encrypted with a password.

4. What level of security does Winzip 9.0 provide?

Winzip 9.0 uses strong AES 256-bit encryption, which is the same level of security used by governments and financial institutions. This ensures that your files are well-protected and difficult to crack.

5. Can I decrypt my files on any computer with Winzip 9.0?

Yes, as long as you have the correct password, you can decrypt your files on any computer that has Winzip 9.0 installed. This makes it convenient for accessing your encrypted files on different devices.