Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Hello =)

Billogi

May 10, 2013
Hey there

I never really used to get on with maths, but now I have taken an interest in Java so I feel I need to brush up on my skills =P

MarkFL

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 24, 2012
Hello and welcome to MHB, Billogi! (Wave)

You might be surprised how many people develop an interest in mathematics through computer programming...this was what sparked my interest. I have heard from many people on the math forums over the years who came to math by the same route.

I worked as a programmer for many years, and knowing some math definitely made me a much more efficient programmer...it removes much of the trial and error time. Knowing some coordinate geometry is really helpful for graphics programming too.

I hope you find your time here productive and I look forward to your participation! (Cool)

Best Regards,

Mark.

Last edited:

Billogi

May 10, 2013
Thanks for the welcome Mark =)

Maths was never my strong point during my studies. I pretty much avoided it :p But now I am a little bit older and a little bit wiser and I understand just how magnificent the brain so I am pretty sure I'll get it this time around! Especially if it will help me improve at something I am enjoying so much

Bacterius

MHB Math Helper
Jan 26, 2012
Welcome :D

ZaidAlyafey

MHB Math Helper
Jan 17, 2013
Hey there

I never really used to get on with maths, but now I have taken an interest in Java so I feel I need to brush up on my skills =P
Welcome Billogi :)

Just an advice . If you want to be a good programmer , learn discrete mathematics ...