Your favorite little known movie

• Thread starter Artman
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Movie
In summary: I just make it up?Originally posted by Sting Perhaps but I clearly remember watching it as "Legend of the Fist" (we have a satellite dish and I have a bad habit of frequently checking out the title of the movie I happen to watch at that moment).It could be a spoonerism typo with the satellite...or did I just make it up?In summary, a few examples of lesser-known but great films include "Lady in White," "My Bodyguard," "Re-animator," "Metropolis," "Mind Walk," "My Dinner with Andre," "Kafka," "Jacob's Ladder," "Fright Night," "Six String Samurai," "Baghdad Cafe," "Divorcing
I thought of one I saw years ago. "First Men in the Moon" the movie based on the HG Wells novel. I love the feeling of the turn of the century1899 eccentric scientist succesfully making a trip to the moon. Great special effects by Ray Harryhausen. Really true to the feeling of the book.

Physics news on Phys.org
Originally posted by Ivan Seeking
One of my all time favorites!

Ya I saw it at the theatre and thought it was good too. Whoopi was in that one if I remember...hehe

Just saw the film called Pi, about an obsessed genius/madman who thinks he has found a fundamental number as a pattern of the universe. It's a film that tries to be very hard to like, but apparently fails.

I know one. It's called Spirited Away. It's a cartoon about a little girl who gets shifted away into another world and she has to fight to save her parents and return home. My favourite part is the scene where they show the grassfields and the strange totem heads. It's a really haunting landscape.

i like the movie called "following."

a writer wants ideas on characters and decides to follow random males and females just to see what they do.

then he follows someone interesting, a cat burglur.

the writer burguls and is drawn into an intricate plot.

same writer/director as memento, another good one about a guy with a five-minute memory.

i also like "the last temptation of christ."

cheers,
phoenix

I can't believe I didn't think of this sooner-- Waking Life. In my top 3 all time with The Matrix and Contact.

Thought of another one: The Star Trek spoof "Galaxy Quest." This movie has some moments that are really funny, if you don't take it too seriously.