Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Hello World

TheBigBadBen

May 12, 2013
Hello Everyone,

Just thought I'd introduce myself. My name is Ben, and I am currently finishing up a BA in mathematics and a MS in electrical engineering in Johns Hopkins. Starting in the fall, I am going to be working towards a PhD in mathematics at Drexel University.

I'm here because I like to spend some of my free time answering math questions and the like. For the past for years or so, I did exactly that over on the yahoo answers page, which has the unfortunate qualities of being soulless and spam-ridden. So, in the hopes of having a more pleasant time-wasting experience, I have decided to migrate over to this website which, so far, seems much nicer. Interacting with and befriending others would be a welcome bonus to all this.

I think that's about all I have to say.

Amer

Mar 1, 2012
Welcome (Wave), I am sure you will be happy with this forum.

Fantini

"Read Euler, read Euler." - Laplace
MHB Math Helper
Feb 29, 2012
Welcome, Ben! We hope you'll enjoy your stay, we have a very friendly community and are happy to have you here! (Clapping)

Regards,

Fantini.

MarkFL

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 24, 2012
Hello and welcome to MHB, Ben! (Wave)

You will find the atmosphere here much different that that of Yahoo!. You can actually engage people and teach by posting more than once in a topic, rather than just giving answers.

I look forward to your participation...see you around! (Cool)

ZaidAlyafey

MHB Math Helper
Jan 17, 2013
Hi Ben , welcome . We are so happy to have you here .

By the way the topic reminds me of the first code a programmer writes (Rofl)

TheBigBadBen

May 12, 2013
Hi Ben , welcome . We are so happy to have you here .

By the way the topic reminds me of the first code a programmer writes (Rofl)
Precisely what I had in mind :)