Hello intelligent peopleI need a little help8 liter of air

• Thread starter blinki069@yah
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Air Hello
In summary, the conversation involved a person asking for help in calculating the volume of air when compressed at 8.2 bar, and another person providing a formula using the ideal gas law to estimate the volume. The person who initially asked the question eventually understood the explanation and thanked the others for their assistance.
blinki069@yah
hello intelligent people

I need a little help
8 liter of air volume, ambient temp, then compressed at 8.2 bar = volume in cu cm?

thank you for your help...metric or US... volume would be 2.11 gl @ 120 psi keep it simple please
stef

Physics news on Phys.org

PV=nRT approximately. I suppose T remains constant, n and R are constants. Thus if you go from 1 bar to 8.2 bar, then volume goes from 8 liters to 8/8.2 liters... Multiply by 1000 to get it in cm cubes.

petr
thank you for your kind reply
maybe I was not clear I want to compress the 8 L(@ 1 psi) volume with 8.2 bar and want to know how much that volume will shrink to in cu cm

Didn't Petr Mugver practically gave you the answer already? Or did you not understand what you were given?

Zz.

propably did not understand it :(
I read as if he increased the volume...I want to decrease the volume by pressurizing it
sorry
s

blinki069@yah said:
I read as if he increased the volume...
Read it one more time.

I got it now thank you all!
S

Related to Hello intelligent peopleI need a little help8 liter of air

1. What is the significance of 8 liters of air?

The volume of air is an important factor in many scientific experiments and calculations. 8 liters is equal to 8000 milliliters or approximately 0.28 cubic feet.

2. How do you measure 8 liters of air?

To measure 8 liters of air, you can use a graduated cylinder or a gas syringe. The volume can also be calculated by multiplying the length, width, and height of the container.

3. Is 8 liters of air a large or small amount?

It depends on the context. For example, 8 liters of air may seem like a small amount in a large room, but it may be a large amount in a small container. In general, 8 liters is considered a moderate volume of air.

4. Can 8 liters of air be compressed or expanded?

Yes, 8 liters of air can be compressed or expanded. The ability to compress or expand air depends on factors such as temperature, pressure, and the physical properties of the container holding the air.

5. How does 8 liters of air compare to the volume of a human breath?

The average human breath is approximately 0.5 liters, so 8 liters of air is equivalent to 16 breaths. However, the volume of a breath can vary depending on factors such as lung capacity and breathing rate.