Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Hello Everybody!

Bruce Wayne

Apr 6, 2013
I just joined this forum hoping to help others, and to better my own math skills. I sometimes enjoy picking random problems from my various math books and revisiting ideas, concepts, and techniques. I often find myself very comfortable with the abstract ideas that are usually found in mathematics, and I try to practice doing as many proofs as possible in my spare time. I find that writing proofs helps me have a better grasp of the inner workings of this thing called math. Though I admire applied mathematics very much, I do tend to favor pure mathematics. I am also very much fascinated by the history of math. My final thought here can be expressed by G. H. Hardy's writing:

"A mathematician, like a painter or a poet, is a maker of patterns. If his patterns are more permanent than theirs, it is because they are made with ideas."​

I look forward to being a part of this community!

MarkFL

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 24, 2012
Hello and welcome to MHB, Bruce Wayne!

I joined the online math help community about 3 years ago and have never learned more than in my decision to try to help others. If you can explain something well to another, then you can say at that point that you truly understand it.

On behalf of the staff here, let me say we look forward to your participation here! (Happy)

Best Regards,

Mark.

Bruce Wayne

Apr 6, 2013
Thanks very much, Mark!

Fantini

"Read Euler, read Euler." - Laplace
MHB Math Helper
Feb 29, 2012
Let me say we look forward to your participation here! (Happy)
Indeed! Who wouldn't look forward to studying mathematics with BATMAN? :D

Attachments

Petrus

Feb 21, 2013
Indeed! Who wouldn't look forward to studying mathematics with BATMAN? :D

Hehehe! I bet he will se evry problem as joker! To defeat joker you need to solve the problem :D!

Bruce Wayne

Apr 6, 2013
That's a way awesome picture!

But I must say... I don't know who this Batman character you speak of is. He's rumored to exist, but I'm not sure what that has to do with me.

- - - Updated - - -

Hehehe! I bet he will se evry problem as joker! To defeat joker you need to solve the problem :D!
Joker? It's best the police handle him. However, I am intrigued by the Riddler's puzzles, and math can sometimes be puzzling!

ZaidAlyafey

MHB Math Helper
Jan 17, 2013
Welcome Bruce (Handshake) , Hope you enjoy your time here.

Bruce Wayne

Apr 6, 2013
Thanks Zaid!

mathmaniac

Mar 4, 2013
Nice to see you here interested in math Master Wayne (Batman).

Bruce Wayne

Apr 6, 2013
Nice to see you here interested in math Master Wayne (Batman).
Thanks very much!

Funny story-- a lot of people seem to have me confused with this Batman character. Trust me, I'd love to meet him! Wayne Enterprises has a lot of interesting gear he might find useful.

I'm very interested in math. Ever since that guy Tony Stark took over Stark Industries, I feel that I can contribute more directly to my company. I do enjoy physics, chemistry, criminal justice, self defense... well those are more hobbies than anything else. But math definitely awesome!