Helicopters (Coursework) anyone got any recommendations?

• Thread starter 06mangro
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Coursework
In summary, helicopters are versatile aircraft that can take off and land vertically, allowing them to access remote or difficult locations. They are used for a variety of purposes, including transportation, search and rescue, and military operations. When looking for coursework recommendations on helicopters, it is important to consider the specific areas of interest, such as design, mechanics, or applications. It may also be helpful to research reputable sources and consult with experts in the field for personalized recommendations.
06mangro
Helicopters (Coursework) anyone got any recommendations??

I am writing about generally how helicopters work and all physics to do with them...

Forces that Act on a Helicopter...

These are what i have started on... intro into the basic physics
Drag... Air Resistance... Thrust... Torque (Effect)... Lift...

+

I was just wondering (A2 Physics Coursework) if anyone has any recommendations on any topics to write about on the subject of HELICOPTERS... i need to cover everything on the general physics... i also need to include some advanced physics that is not covered by six form courses... something that will stand out in a 16-18 year olds knowledge on physics

Physics news on Phys.org

06mangro said:
I am writing about generally how helicopters work and all physics to do with them...

Forces that Act on a Helicopter...

These are what i have started on... intro into the basic physics
Drag... Air Resistance... Thrust... Torque (Effect)... Lift...

+

I was just wondering (A2 Physics Coursework) if anyone has any recommendations on any topics to write about on the subject of HELICOPTERS... i need to cover everything on the general physics... i also need to include some advanced physics that is not covered by six form courses... something that will stand out in a 16-18 year olds knowledge on physics

Welcome to the PF.

What have you learned so far? What have you been reading about helicopter physics so far? What have you read about learning to fly helicopters? (that last one will help to give you some advanced tips for things that helicopters do when you fly them, that you wouldn't normally think of when just thinking about the mechanical physics)

What are some of the recent innovations in helicopter construction?

Related to Helicopters (Coursework) anyone got any recommendations?

1. What are the main components of a helicopter?

The main components of a helicopter are the fuselage, main rotor, tail rotor, engine, and landing gear. The fuselage is the main body of the helicopter, which houses the cockpit and passengers. The main rotor is the large horizontal rotor on top of the helicopter that provides lift and controls the direction of flight. The tail rotor is a small vertical rotor at the back of the helicopter that counteracts the torque produced by the main rotor. The engine provides power to the main rotor and tail rotor, while the landing gear enables the helicopter to take off and land.

2. How does a helicopter stay in the air?

A helicopter stays in the air by generating lift through its main rotor. As the main rotor spins, it creates an area of low pressure above the blades and high pressure below, which results in lift. The helicopter also uses its tail rotor to counteract the torque produced by the main rotor and maintain stability in the air.

3. What is the purpose of the swashplate in a helicopter?

The swashplate is a mechanical device that connects the pilot's control inputs to the main rotor blades. It allows the pilot to control the pitch, roll, and yaw of the helicopter by tilting the main rotor blades in different directions. This enables the helicopter to move in different directions and perform maneuvers in the air.

4. How does a helicopter change direction in flight?

A helicopter changes direction in flight by altering the pitch of the main rotor blades using the swashplate. By increasing the pitch on one side and decreasing it on the other, the helicopter can tilt in that direction and change its course. The tail rotor also plays a role in changing direction by providing counter-torque to maintain stability.

5. What are the different types of helicopters?

There are several different types of helicopters, including single-engine, multi-engine, military, and commercial helicopters. Single-engine helicopters have one engine, while multi-engine helicopters have two or more. Military helicopters are designed for specific purposes such as transport, attack, or rescue missions. Commercial helicopters are used for transportation, sightseeing, and other civilian purposes.