Looking for a Summer-time Girlfriend in Germany?

• Thread starter eNtRopY
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Entropy
In summary, the conversation revolves around the speaker's plan to live in Munich during the summer for research, but also to find a girlfriend for a temporary, casual relationship. The speaker's partner is aware and supportive of this plan, and there is some lighthearted banter about the feasibility of finding a suitable girlfriend through online forums.
eNtRopY
I'm going to live in Munich this summer. I'll be doing some research with quantum dots (and of course reading physics/engineering books), but I would like to spend my free-time socially interacting.

Anyway, I'll be looking for a summer-time girlfriend. I'm not really interested in anything long-term as I am already involved in a serious relationship. I'll just be looking for someone to have fun with. So, if there are any ladies in Germany who are looking for a good time... just let me know.

eNtRopY

P.S. I can send you a picture of myself if you want one.

Physics news on Phys.org
Just what every girl has been waiting to hear...

I'm not really interested in anything long-term as I am already involved in a serious relationship.

(wipes a sentimental tear from his eye)

...and to think that some people still imagine the Sciences and those who work in them to somehow be devoid of romance!

"Attached male, seeks summertime alternative to masturbation"

Is this the beginning of a physicsforums.com personals section?

"Attached male, seeks summertime alternative to masturbation"

Maybe all they were going to do was play Twister...

Twister can be an alternative to masturbation as well you know.

It doesn't *always* have to end in a frenzied, sweaty rampage of auto-eroticism.

Originally posted by Dj Sneaky Whiskers
[B...and to think that some people still imagine the Sciences and those who work in them to somehow be devoid of romance![/B]

Look, first of all I'm kind of half joking. I mean yes, I am looking for a summer girlfriend... but no, I don't expect to find one on the PF boards. Mostly, I'm just making light of LogicalAthiest's attempt to attract logical girls... not boys... but girls from these boards.

Second of all, I am being honest. What's wrong with that? When I do find a summer girlfriend (or girlfriends... or girl I meet at a meet at bar and have a one-night-stand with), I will make sure she understands that it's only a sexual fling... which will NOT develop into anything long-term. I don't want to hurt anyone. Is that so wrong?

eNtRopY

Um, so how does the girl you're in a serious relationship feel about this?

Originally posted by Galatea
Um, so how does the girl you're in a serious relationship feel about this?

She told me that she doesn't care if I have a girlfriend in Germany as long as things are over when I leave. Of course, she would prefer not to know any of the details, but she isn't the jealous type at all. She's never minded sharing me other girls before. I told her she should get a girlfriend too.

eNtRopY

Originally posted by eNtRopY
I told her she should get a girlfriend too.

Be careful what you wish for...

I will require at least five girlfriends 18-25yrs in USA this summer, as I shall be travelling. You should sleep with me, cook all of my meals and drive me around to see the sights. Perhaps some money towards my flights as well would be helpful. If there are two+ of you in the same region, that would be better.

You had better be good looking, as I am not going out with any old bint.

Other requirements:

Height: 1.6 - 1.75
Weight: Less than 140 pounds
Hair: Long
IQ: Above average, but not too fussy
Face: Demand pretty face.

^haha hehe lol

Originally posted by eNtRopY
She told me that she doesn't care if I have a girlfriend in Germany as long as things are over when I leave. Of course, she would prefer not to know any of the details, but she isn't the jealous type at all. She's never minded sharing me other girls before. I told her she should get a girlfriend too.
Where are these girlfriends...

All over the place. Unfortunately, all my exes only turn bisexual after we've broken up. It's not fair! :smile:

1. What are the cultural norms for dating in Germany?

The dating culture in Germany is generally more casual and laid-back compared to other countries. It is common for people to go on dates without necessarily labeling it as a serious relationship. Germans also value honesty and direct communication, so it is important to be upfront about your intentions.

2. How do I meet potential girlfriends in Germany during the summer?

Summer festivals, outdoor events, and parks are great places to meet potential girlfriends in Germany during the summer. You can also try joining clubs or groups that align with your interests, as this can help you meet like-minded individuals.

3. Are there any cultural differences I should be aware of when dating a German woman?

German women tend to be independent and self-sufficient, so it is important to respect their space and not come across as too controlling or possessive. Additionally, they value punctuality and direct communication, so it is important to be on time for dates and be straightforward about your intentions.

4. Is it common for German women to pay for dates?

In Germany, it is common for couples to split the bill on dates. However, if you are the one who asked the person out, it is polite to offer to pay for the date. If the person insists on splitting the bill, it is acceptable to do so.

5. How can I make a good impression on a German woman during the summer?

Showing genuine interest in her culture and being respectful towards her and her boundaries are key to making a good impression on a German woman. Additionally, having a good sense of humor and being willing to try new things can also make you more attractive to potential girlfriends.