Searching for the Roots of 9/11

• News
  • Thread starter Alias
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Roots
In summary, the conversation discussed a documentary about the roots of 9/11 and the reasons why many Muslims hate the US. The reasons include feeling left behind by their regimes, experiencing humiliation and poverty of dignity, and perceiving the US as a bully with inconsistent foreign policies. The conversation also touched on the solution to this problem, including treating Arabic people with respect, cutting off funding for oppressive regimes, and finding a resolution to the conflict in Israel/Palestine. The conversation also mentioned the role of religion and the Bible in this issue.
Greetings !
Originally posted by FZ+
A case study - the palestinian crisis. Now, it is terrorism, do we agree? But the Israeli authorities have made the direct link between this and the palestinian authorities, and indeed palestine as a whole.
In this particular case the connection is well
known recorded and documented. You don't just
have phousands of people waking up one bright
morning with many of them grabing their guns(which
they are not supposed to have) and deciding that
today we will fight and storm various positions,
while phousands of "law keepers" decide they'll
stay at home today or join the first ones... :wink:

Live long and prosper.

Physics news on Phys.org
My point is that in all cases terrorism is dealt with as though it was a war. Hence we must acknowledge that in reality, terrorism is war.

After creating a democratic Iraq, that will surely provide the best quality of life among Arabs, maybe Islamist terrorists will understant that the west is not their enemy, their leaders are.

It is the Arab governments that are screwing the Arab peoples, not the west. If they can't get that, then I guess they better lube up.

Anyway, I'm getting tired of this anti-American crap. If people don't like this country then they don't have to live here, or accept our foreign aid. And if they go looking for trouble, well, bring it on. There are lots of GIs that aren't getting to fight in Iraq, and they are just dieing to kill someone.

I didn't get to watch this special by the way. Too much homework!

Alias: If you have such views, how can you accuse Anti-war people of idealism and naivety?

Originally posted by Alias

Anyway, I'm getting tired of this anti-American crap. If people don't like this country then they don't have to live here, or accept our foreign aid. And if they go looking for trouble, well, bring it on. There are lots of GIs that aren't getting to fight in Iraq, and they are just dieing to kill someone.

Ummm...is this a suggestion that you wish for harm to befall those who dare speak a view contrary to yours? Plus, you paint the U.S. military as a collection of murdering thugs. Good call all around, Alias.

Sometimes I write things that aren't so clear??

I'm just bent out of shape because there are obviously quite a few very intelligent people participating in this forum, and it seems they would be eager to participate in a discussion that might lead to some better solutions or at least a better understanding of some very serious problems, but alas, 'talk' is the name of the game.

So if I occasionally light up the flame thrower it's only because I think the discussion is being fruitless.

By the way, I spent 5 years in the US Army and believe me, the majority of soldiers would rather be fighting than training.

well i grew up in the Army and i would have to agree, but i don't think that makes it any better. as for this being all "talk", its a damn forum man. as for what to do, i presented my arguments back on page one and you even admitted they have merit, but part one of the plan is to end this damn war.