Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

He Wants My Job

• Banned

xyz_1965

Jul 26, 2020
Hello everyone. How in the world are you? I want to share a situation with you. In March of this year, 56 guards were placed on furlough. I am one of the guards. However, those who did not complete probation, were simply laid off with the opportunity to re-apply when the place opens up again to the public.

One of my coworkers who did not talk to me much before COVID-19 requested my phone number for the purpose of staying in touch. I found this to be a bit odd but I agreed to give him my number. Big mistake at my end.

For the last couple of months, all we talk about is my return to the job. I will call him x. This x guy passionately tries to convince me to get a better job, I'm too smart to be a guard, I deserve better, etc. At first, I could not figure out why this x guy is so concerned for my welfare and my future.

The other day it hit me like a ton of bricks. Mr. x wants me out of the way to quicken his return to the job. You see, I stand in the way of laid off employees. Furloughed employees will be called back to work before those who were laid off. It's a question of seniority. They have to apply again. I do not have to apply again.

I feel that the only reason why Mr. x befriended me is to somehow convince yours truly to quit, leave or get another job. I know that you, the reader, thinks this is paranoia on my part but honestly, I don't think so. I'm not wrong about this x guy.

What do you say? Why is Mr. x so concerned for my well-being? Why is the main conversation always about my return to the job? Honestly, what do you say?
I look forward to your reply.

Monoxdifly

Aug 6, 2015
Well, it sound like he DOES want your job.